Loom With A View

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Katman













Well we took another kitty into our house. Like I mentioned in Verb's blog it is soon and this cat does not fill the hole that our Yami left, but it is another opportunity to rescue a lovely cat.

This guy is the biggest cat we have ever had. I have noticed him at Mound's for a few months now. We always stop and visit the cats whenever we stop in for food and I resist the urge to take them all home. I had thought that Tarzan would be a good cat for my friend Jean whose home is too empty for her. We were going to go look for a cat for her, but Yami died and I wasn't ready. Well the next e-mail I got from her told me that she had indeed found a kitty all by herself and that Tarzan had been just too big for her, but that he was waiting for us. I think that pushed me over the edge.

Puck and I went to a movie on Saturday ... saw Where the Wild Things Are... afterwards we stopped to take a look at the cats. I finally got a chance to hold Tarzan who was even bigger than I remembered. I could barely hold all of him. He must weigh close to 15 lbs. Puck had his eye on a very beautiful lynxy looking cat named Henry who really was a stunning animal, but just didn't have the right look in his eyes that Tarzan had.

Tarzan had been in the shelter for quite a while and everyone seemed to love him. Puck and I finally left and went off to talk. When we got home we decided that Tarzan was the one and I called to place a hold on him. I left my number and they called right back asking if I wanted to pick him up the next day. I was surprised because I recalled there being a waiting period. She said "no that I could just take him home after filling out the paperwork"

I got up early on Sunday, grabbed the cat carrier and drove to Janesville. All the cats knew something was up. Tarzan was looking a little lost. I filled out my paperwork and suddenly it was time to take him home.

He rode very nicely in the car and as soon as we got home he left the carrier and Bella chased him right out of the room and into hiding. She has been a real bitch about having a new cat and for a couple days Tarzan has been looking over his shoulder for the black fury that tends to come up behind him hissing like a steam engine.

Today they are tolerant of each other and Tarzan who is now Kat-man-do (sort of Fat man and it was better than Lenny) is feeling more at home and holding his own.

He is a very sweet boy and I think after a while they will resolve their issues. Bella is not a very friendly cat but I think she will be ok.

A new chapter begins

8 Comments:

  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Jilly said…

    our remaining cat (who isn't really ours) weighs about 23 pounds. he's a giant fat beast that lives up to his name of tubby, but is very sweet and purs like a steam engine. he needs another cat to keep him company and so we're going to go have a look at the aspca tomorrow and see if we can get him a friend.

    congrats on your new cat and i hope he comes alive after a spell and makes your family complete.

    jilly

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger vq said…

    He's very pretty--almost an apricot color!

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger UrbanStarGazer said…

    Awwww! Lucky for Tarzan. Congrats on your new addition.

    Jack is down to 17 lbs. He's a biggun too but he's more big than fat. The vet wants him to drop two more lbs to 15.

    I hope the girly comes around. I'm lucky that when I brought Scout home it was love at first sight between the two of them.

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Bert Bananas said…

    Congrats to Tarzan/Kat on his new home!

    Even reading Verb's opinion that Kat is apricot colored, I'm still not sure. What color would you call him, Orbie?

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    I just call him a buff colored cat... he sort of blends in with the wallpaper in the living room and the rug next to the computer. I guess he is part chameleon.

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Rosary said…

    He's lovely. And I am sure he will be beloved and will love y'all (even Bella).

    My word verification is scrolog and makes me think of Bert

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Bert Bananas said…

    Rosa,the WV for this comment is regiki, and yes, I love you, too.

    Bert Bananas, Dr. of Applied Scrology

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Catz said…

    grats on the new addition to the Orbie family.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home