Loom With A View

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Spidey says I should blog more often

Ok my friend here goes. I cannot recall if I mentioned that we took Maddie back to school, but we did do that. She stuffed the van, the trip was long and brakes were iffy. We stayed with our friends in New Richmond and had a delightful time as always, but it makes me want to pack everything up and move closer.

We made it home safe and relatively sound.

the rest of the icky rocker from hell came back to me and I got started caning it over the weekend. I had spent some time rethinking my weaving of it and how I could support the warp strands more effectively and keep them straight, causing less of a headache. Apparently I devised a better system, because it did actually go faster. I continue to work on it though at every chance I get. I am hoping to finish it by tomorrow and give it two days to completely dry out and shrink up. I will be very happy when that is out of my life.

Yami seems to be making a recovery. We had been dutifully giving him his subcutaneous fluids twice a week, but he began to get very crabby about it. Obviously he was feeling well enough to be pissed off so we let it go a couple more days between shots. He is eating well and I have not noticed any accidents around the house. I set out some piddle pads for emergencies and they have been dry. It has now been a little over a week and his skin is still elastic (that was the indicator the vet gave me for judging when he would need fluids) and he is even a little more bouncy and moving around the house more instead of sleeping in the bathtub and sink all the time. We shall see what happens. We did change his diet to a more carnivore appropriate one and I unplugged the stupid indoor fountain that the cats liked to drink out of. Maybe he is getting better. I hope so.

Now as to school. I am doing OK in my new job, but the high school does Block classes and so they are very very long. I feel like I should be doing more, but I really want to understand the kids before I jump into forcing my help on them. I support an Art class, Foods II class and Welding. at the end of the day I support a study hall for special needs kids. I find I am actually missing Read 180.

I think I am enjoying Welding the most. It is interesting to learn about. Art is ok and I think it will improve once the kids are doing more individual projects. Foods will improve once we start cooking I hope. The study hall is long, but maybe I can figure out some exercises for the students that seem to not have any homework. I fear they will not be able to function in the world and I always figure that is the goal of any education. We shall see.

So that is what is going on here. Thanks for keeping track of me Spidey sister

5 Comments:

  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Brenda said…

    glad things are going well. maddie back to school already. seems like she just came home.

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Sonya said…

    It would be so nice to pick up and move closer to Maddie, but just about the time you did that, she'd graduate!

    J is leaving tomorrow. They're packing up her car and driving first to Des Moines, where they'll spend the night, then down to G--Burg, where Mr. T will help her move in, and then she'll drive him to the airport in Moline. It's a quick trip for him.

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Bert Bananas said…

    Can you weld the caning project together, once you're a competent welderette?

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Rosary said…

    Welding sounds kind of fun. Doesn't Schell work with Special Needs kids? You should pick her mind for ideas. Good luck at the high school!

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger UrbanStarGazer said…

    I agree with Spidey - you should blog more often. Does the new job mean no more plays?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home