Tough Decision
We have made the sad choice not to attend our annual rendezvous this year. It seems the forces of finances and nature are just not working with us of late. The vehicles are getting old and need to be babied. Our Van is having some break issues that are probably just a matter of bleeding the brake lines, but if it is anything more than that it would be prohibitive financially.
Puck was down to just bartending one night a week and I missed my last normal show because of having to take Maddie back to school that weekend. That left us mighty cash poor by the beginning of September. (all the school people know what I am talking about)
Anything unexpected is a little terrifying right now.
I really feel badly about missing this one since it is an anniversary for the site and there will be some extra festivities and I am sure some people that do not normally make it that I would love to see again.
Ah well... we have to do what we have to do I guess.
Puck and I volunteered to take tickets at the Chili Fest in town. They are celebrating 20 years and bring in people from as far away as Texas. It is one stepping stone to going on to the National cook off so it is a pretty big deal. Puck ended up being one of the judging tasters so we shall see how his pick did. It was very warm sitting out there in the sun and even though I brought a hat and water I think I must have gotten too much sun. This morning I woke up with a killer headache and have been feeling rather icky all day. If I still feel like crap in the morning I will stay home.
Well that was a pretty whiny blog post, but I am afraid that's all I got
Puck was down to just bartending one night a week and I missed my last normal show because of having to take Maddie back to school that weekend. That left us mighty cash poor by the beginning of September. (all the school people know what I am talking about)
Anything unexpected is a little terrifying right now.
I really feel badly about missing this one since it is an anniversary for the site and there will be some extra festivities and I am sure some people that do not normally make it that I would love to see again.
Ah well... we have to do what we have to do I guess.
Puck and I volunteered to take tickets at the Chili Fest in town. They are celebrating 20 years and bring in people from as far away as Texas. It is one stepping stone to going on to the National cook off so it is a pretty big deal. Puck ended up being one of the judging tasters so we shall see how his pick did. It was very warm sitting out there in the sun and even though I brought a hat and water I think I must have gotten too much sun. This morning I woke up with a killer headache and have been feeling rather icky all day. If I still feel like crap in the morning I will stay home.
Well that was a pretty whiny blog post, but I am afraid that's all I got


7 Comments:
At 6:12 PM,
Bert Bananas said…
I bet you didn't wear rubber gloves and now someone has passed along whatever it was that he/she had. I avoid The Public as much as I can!
At 6:29 PM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
I bet you are right... I was holding everyone's hands when I stamped that damned chili pepper on them... What the hell was I thinking
At 5:45 PM,
UrbanStarGazer said…
Sorry to hear about rendesvouz.
What year is Maddie now? Sophomore or Junior?
At 6:30 PM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
I am missing it this weekend... that is for sure... ah well... OH yes Maddie is a Junior this year... the time it does go by and yes the new job means drama is over for me. It is time to move on to new stuff I guess in my life
At 5:33 PM,
Brenda said…
new things can be good. :)
At 5:42 AM,
Brenda said…
hmmmm... a week?????
where are you spideysister?
At 6:37 PM,
UrbanStarGazer said…
Man, a Junior. Seems like just yesterday she was going off for her first year.
Post a Comment
<< Home