Yikes
Yesterday I came home to a note from Puck saying there was something wrong with the computer. Well he was dang correct on that one. There was absolutely no power to the thing. I was freaking out since I do so much on the computer and have been terrible about not backing up my valuable stuff.
I unplugged everything from the back (without remembering which hole they needed to go back into) and hauled ass down to the computer shop down town. I raced in, but the guy was not there. We left a message (he shares the shop with the local tv guy. Later I called just in case and he had just come in. Glad I called because I was a squeaky wheel who got pushed ahead. Panic just affects people like that I guess.
Anyhow it turned out to be the power source. He replaced that. I have been a bad owner and allowed dust and cat hair to collect in there. He said it was pretty bad. I had cleaned part of the computer out, but missed the crucial part. Apparently that is the part that is causing my motherboard to overhead and some deely bops to pop out and they might start leaking and corrupt my motherboard.
He added a little more RAM and deleted some unnecessary programs. God Bless Him he got it back to me minus a large chunk of change by 5:00... good thing Monday was a half day or I would still be without a machine.
It is running nicely and I spend 5 hours backing up all my crap. He told me it could last a week or a year... rather a doomsday forcast
We took Maddie back to school on Saturday and the heater in the car was not working so we froze all the way there and back. It turns out she does not have to have a roommate as of now so that was good news. We are back in rehearsal for drama so I am going crazy finding props and arguing with actors.
My co-director went home ill today and will be out tomorrow. I sure hope he is ok. He never looks sick and I am worried about him. He did not look good.
I unplugged everything from the back (without remembering which hole they needed to go back into) and hauled ass down to the computer shop down town. I raced in, but the guy was not there. We left a message (he shares the shop with the local tv guy. Later I called just in case and he had just come in. Glad I called because I was a squeaky wheel who got pushed ahead. Panic just affects people like that I guess.
Anyhow it turned out to be the power source. He replaced that. I have been a bad owner and allowed dust and cat hair to collect in there. He said it was pretty bad. I had cleaned part of the computer out, but missed the crucial part. Apparently that is the part that is causing my motherboard to overhead and some deely bops to pop out and they might start leaking and corrupt my motherboard.
He added a little more RAM and deleted some unnecessary programs. God Bless Him he got it back to me minus a large chunk of change by 5:00... good thing Monday was a half day or I would still be without a machine.
It is running nicely and I spend 5 hours backing up all my crap. He told me it could last a week or a year... rather a doomsday forcast
We took Maddie back to school on Saturday and the heater in the car was not working so we froze all the way there and back. It turns out she does not have to have a roommate as of now so that was good news. We are back in rehearsal for drama so I am going crazy finding props and arguing with actors.
My co-director went home ill today and will be out tomorrow. I sure hope he is ok. He never looks sick and I am worried about him. He did not look good.


3 Comments:
At 7:47 PM,
vq said…
Glad your computer problems worked out! Sounds like you need to start a mason jar for all your extra change--a new computer fund.
I just wanted to tell you how big a kick I get out of your rug photos! Every time you post a new one, I rush over to look at it and enjoy the colors. I want to order a few more, but I can't make up my mind!
(P.S. My wv is "dingle." LOL)
At 2:48 PM,
Gail said…
He did not look good.
He probably looked at his monthly statement from his financial advisor.
At 4:48 PM,
Brenda said…
glad you are back.
being without a computer is truly frightening. my wv is turessou. sounds like a fancy dessert.
Post a Comment
<< Home