Loom With A View

Friday, January 09, 2009

Where does the time go?

Oh yeah... I have spent almost every waking moment that I am not at school working on photographing rugs, adjusting photographs of rugs in Photoshop, cropping, fixing color, saving blah blah blah then uploading said photo back into ETSY or ARTFIRE.. I also went nuts and started another blog just for my WEBWORKS stuff... this selling on the internet thing is complicated. You have to jump through all sorts of hoops to get noticed.

I have been doing fine on ETSY, but have only got about a quarter of my inventory up on the two sites. No sales yet on Artfire, but time will tell. They were running an introductory special and if you signed up you could have the low rate for life... that only works of course if it is profitable.

At school we have had two artists in residence from American players Theater. They worked each day with each reading class on poetry. They were amazing and got the kids to do things I could not believe. It was delightful to see that talent and skill in teaching. I am sorry to see them go.

We started rehearsals on Tuesday and the drama has already started there too. I have got 6th grade Divas coming out of my ears. We had a very low turnout this year which is sad because this is our last year and it is a good play. 45 parts only brought us 25 kids this year and we have been doubling and tripling roles. We have one autistic kid, one kid who apparently feels he is the next Laurence Olivier but can barely speak, one little 6th grade girl who bowed out supposedly because she has to babysit her little brother, but I fear she thought her part stunk. She talked to me the day before telling me she wanted a different part, one where she could act.

She just could not get the concept of a Greek Chorus being the essence of a Greek play and one of the most important roles in the show. They are on stage all the time and have the biggest line load. It just wears me out sometimes when the kids are trying to talk you into other parts and you know what they can do.

We have some very sweet kids.. our two Ladies are tiny twins with identical slight lisps and are just darling... our fierce little mouse has a deep raspy voice and the lion is a stitch of a ham. Hercules might be able to remember his lines and I finally get to create Medusa :)

I have a lot of wings and fish tails to make though, not to mention some horse masks and chorus masks

too much to do as always

1 Comments:

  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Brenda said…

    your sites are absolutely wonderful.
    i would surely buy a rug if my entire house wasn't carpeted. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home