Last post of 2008
I figure I should get at least one more post in before the year ends. Suffice it to say that the past almost two weeks have been spent with a miserable cold. I seem to finally be getting better, but it has been a real drag to spend my vacation sick.
I did get some felting done and finished caning a bitch of a chair .. the holes were very very small and thus required fine fine cane. Fine fine is fragile to work with and the strands kept breaking on me. Then when it came time to call the guy his phone had been disconnected, that was frustrating, but then when I was going to write him a note I found that when Puck had taken the chair in he didn't get the guys last name. I had talked to him on the phone and Puck assumed (bad idea always) that I already had his name. I rarely keep whole names since after people find out how much I charge they often never call back. That would leave me with a whole book of broken dreams :)
anyhow. I had the guys first name and the first letter of his last name and sent him a note anyhow. I hope it reaches him because I have no place to store his chair.
I have spent the past couple days caning a much nicer chair. I got the seat done a few minutes ago, but need to wait for the cane I ordered to finish the back. I also signed up for a new art site on Artfire It is going to take some time to get organized on that one, but it is similar to ETSY with smaller commission charges. We shall see how it goes. I really need to get the rest of my rugs photographed which will be a big job. Puck and Maddie and I set up racks in the basement so the rugs are more accessible, but it still is not the best system.
Puck is sleeping already since he seems to have come down with the cold and is feeling miserable and Maddie is spending New Years with her boyfriend at his house. there she goes!
Looks like it will be a very quiet night for me.
Happy New Year to you all and hope it is a good one.
I did get some felting done and finished caning a bitch of a chair .. the holes were very very small and thus required fine fine cane. Fine fine is fragile to work with and the strands kept breaking on me. Then when it came time to call the guy his phone had been disconnected, that was frustrating, but then when I was going to write him a note I found that when Puck had taken the chair in he didn't get the guys last name. I had talked to him on the phone and Puck assumed (bad idea always) that I already had his name. I rarely keep whole names since after people find out how much I charge they often never call back. That would leave me with a whole book of broken dreams :)
anyhow. I had the guys first name and the first letter of his last name and sent him a note anyhow. I hope it reaches him because I have no place to store his chair.
I have spent the past couple days caning a much nicer chair. I got the seat done a few minutes ago, but need to wait for the cane I ordered to finish the back. I also signed up for a new art site on Artfire It is going to take some time to get organized on that one, but it is similar to ETSY with smaller commission charges. We shall see how it goes. I really need to get the rest of my rugs photographed which will be a big job. Puck and Maddie and I set up racks in the basement so the rugs are more accessible, but it still is not the best system.
Puck is sleeping already since he seems to have come down with the cold and is feeling miserable and Maddie is spending New Years with her boyfriend at his house. there she goes!
Looks like it will be a very quiet night for me.
Happy New Year to you all and hope it is a good one.


3 Comments:
At 6:26 PM,
Brenda said…
happy new year to you too. it is a quiet one around here too. bigjoe is exhausted from getting up at
3am for the last two weeks. we are done with dinner already and he is asleep. the new year will come without him even knowing it arrived. probably for me too.
At 9:03 AM,
Sonya said…
Was in bed by 11:00. We figured it was the new year somewhere. Good post. Sending good wishes your way.
At 10:09 PM,
UrbanStarGazer said…
Happy New Year, Orbie. Hope 2009 is a better year.
Post a Comment
<< Home