Loom With A View

Saturday, August 15, 2009

holy moly it has been a long time

OK in my defense... not much has been going on around here. I finally got the majority of my blue jeans filleted so that Puck will have something to cut when he is up late watching Harry Potter or Due South for the billionth time. I saved all the little zipper pulls for Maddie to make into jewelry. They are really quite attractive.

We just realized that she only has a week or two before she needs to get back to school. The van is in the shop with hopefully a relatively minor problem. It is not accelerating like it should be.

Had a lot of doctors appointments for routine things. Mammo was good, Physical was with a new doctor, who seems nice, but very young, and Bone Density results are coming. I have one more appointment scheduled for consultation about my first Colonoscopy.. a little nervous about that.

Maddie and I went dumpster diving or rather curb diving and I picked up three bags of fabric. As I was going through them and grumbling about people throwing away perfectly usable items I suddenly realized that the fabric I was going though belonged to an ex co-worker of mine who had recently passed away. Initially I was a little creeped out, but then I realized that Barb would have been ever so happy to see that someone was able to use her lifetime supply of fabric. I hope someone will do the same for me when I go.

Puck has been doing all the gardening and made 5 quarts of spaghetti sauce the other day.

I did get out of the house once or twice... I went to a little get together with all my old ex-fellow employees. We are all at different schools now and hope to remain friends. We gossiped a little about the ones that didn't make it to the party and it was fun. I actually drank a couple margaritas. Delicious!

We also went to see Henry V in Spring Green. Friend Michael gave Maddie a mess of fabric and theater shoes they were cleaning out. I need to make her a cincher for her steam punk outfit though. She made a very cool new hat for one of her outfits.

Oh yeah I also had a terrible art fair somewhere in here. It poured rain for three hours before we could get set up. Some idiot set their tent up in the middle of the aisle right in front of our spot. They didn't come back to the show until late so we were all set to become a rabble and pick the dang thing up en-masse and move them out of our way. Don't mess with the artists! Finally they came and bitched about having to move, but moved with our help. I fake smiled for 6 hours and only sold 4 rugs. It was not a fun day.

OK back to rags wave wave

3 Comments:

  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Jilly said…

    Dear Orb,

    For some odd reason, I've got local chicago news and they did a story about someone in river falls who had a box of live ammo at a yard sale. As soon as i heard river falls, I said "hey, my friend Orb talks about River Falls all the time." My friends who were watching TV with me looked at me like I was nuts, but I still thought of you all the same.

    Love,
    Jilly

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger UrbanStarGazer said…

    Sorry about the lousy show.

    I'm curious about the zipper jewelry?

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    Thanks for thinking of me Jilly. It is a little weird that you are getting Chicago, but they have a mighty powerful signal.

    Oh and Urban... as soon as I take some pictures I will show the zipper jewelry. She has made three necklaces, but will only sell one so far. Sheesh it is difficult to get her to be mercenary!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home