Loom With A View

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Introducing Lizard Band

Well we got Maddie set up with an Etsy Shop. Got her a credit card, set up a paypal account, set up an etsy account, created a banner, created a profile, created a shop announcement. Photographed a bunch of her art to turn into magnets, and all the felt balls which she has designed. and several people have favorited her shop. She even has gotten a convo so that is pretty cool. Still need to get the fine art magnets done and uploaded. She also will offer custom collage portraits. She has done several for her friends who are graduating and they all have been very well received.

She spent most of last night entering descriptions for her felt balls. She seems to have a good knack for interesting descriptions.

The cat seems to be doing ok. Puck is much better. The kids at school are maniacs. The staff threw a big bash for all of us who will be leaving. There are about 6 of us who will be changing jobs. Who knows though what will end up happening after it all gets sorted out.

I have been slowly clearing out my desk, giving away my knick knacks and generally moving out of the room. I really hate an empty room, but Emily (the permanent teacher) needs to vacate her current room and squish into the Read 180 room. We make such a good team. I will miss her a great deal. It would have been nice to work with just one teacher for one year at least. Ah well

today I was at the grocery store and two of the kids we worked with in drama asked who would be taking over Drama. They were so sad when I told them no one had picked up the contract. I was sad again too. Then when I walked out another woman asked again about drama.

The music teacher gave me a beautiful brilliant rhinestone pin that had belonged to her grandmother. I have admired it several times when she wore it. She gave me the sweetest card as well.

I will really miss the people at my school

Oh I have Maddie's shop as a mini here on my blog so watch for updates :)

5 Comments:

  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Brenda said…

    i know you are sad about leaving your school, but we have to hold on to the fact that when one door closes, another opens, and who knows the wonderful things that may be waiting for you.

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    the most amazing thing is that Maddie already sold one of her balls... sheesh it took me a week to sell a rug and that was only after I sent out a plea to all my friends LOL

     
  • At 5:33 AM, Blogger schell said…

    They're all beautiful!

    I'm sorry about your job, but as Spidey said, I'm sure something else will come up and you'll love it!

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Rosary said…

    Glad to hear Yami's doing okay.

    As everyone's been saying, when one door closes another opens, but sometimes the patience we need for the new one strains us to the limit!

    Maddy's stuff is gorgeous--just as your is. If she's doing anything steampunk, she'll probably do well. The sister-in-law is very into steampunk...as I guess are others in that group.

    Good luck to all of y'all :-)

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    Hopefully once the graduation parties stop she will have some more time to devote to some SteamPunk stuff... she loves it and the only problem will be parting with some of it :)

    Yami is doing very well right now. I was not too successful at inserting the needle to give him fluids last night, but I hope to get as good as Maddie soon :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home