Loom With A View

Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Easter

Well you probably noticed that I have been working in ETSY for the past couple days. Puck and I got all the rugs photographed on Wednesday... I am still playing catchup with my old stock, but we got all the long ones photographed so that gets me much closer to getting them all uploaded.

I had to get all the rugs just off the loom priced and labeled. I have one really big denim on that is over 16 feet long. It is always good to have at least one monster of a rug for when people ask "Hey, what's the longest rug you have" it is fun to watch their expressions when I can say "16 feet" or whatever. I usually have one and sell it each year. We shall see.

anyhow Puck was a great help getting the rugs laid out so I could take their pictures. It was the one day that wasn't too windy too.

Thursday I spent the first three quarters of the day touching up the pictures in Photoshop... mostly taking the wrinkles out of the fabric that I used as a backdrop for the rugs. I am getting pretty dang fast at it and can get color adjusted pretty well too now. Then it is on to cropping, and resizing the pictures so I can upload them into ETSY. I can usually get by with one picture and manipulate it effectively into three views... It is going to be very challenging coming back from my first art show though and trying to figure out which ones I have sold. I do have an Identification system worked out for each rugs that doesn't seem to be easily duplicated, but sometimes I have to fudge it a bit.

after I got all the pictures done I started the long and tedious process of entering each of them on the site. It gets very challenging coming up with clever names for the many green rugs I own and even more clever descriptions. I might have to add the ETSY name to the rug labels just to keep them all straight. And then I have 20 or so rugs on ARTFIRE too... it is going to be fun.

Today was spent adding a few more rugs... When I finally moved to Greek goddesses I knew it was time to take a break.

I made a trip to Janesville to buy some stuff for Maddie's burlesque outfit. I bought some sequins and fringe and lots and lots of body tape :)

We are headed up to the Twin Cities tomorrow morning early to go to Easter at my baby sisters and are picking up Maddie on the way. We plan on getting a hotel room for Saturday night so we can have some quality time together watching cable TV LOL, but it will be good to see my family. I made crescent rolls today for the occasion and filled plastic Easter eggs for the hunt. I love my family :)

Happy Easter to you all and may the sun shine down upon you!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:33 AM, Blogger schell said…

    Hi Orbie.
    I was thinking about you the other day...there was an article in our local paper about felted wool. They made eggs that looked like they were cracked open and little chicks inside of them...all made of felted wool.

     
  • At 6:19 AM, Blogger Brenda said…

    Happy Easter to you! I wish a safe journey and happy family memories for you and Puck and Maddie.

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Brenda said…

    maybe we can all help you name some of your rugs. :)

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger UrbanStarGazer said…

    Happy Easter! Wow, you've been busy (or I haven't been to your site in a long while). Lovely.

    Hope you had a nice Easter.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home