Stuff
Mothers Day is tomorrow... I hate Mothers day!
expectations are too high. I wish I understood myself what I really want from it.
When my wonderful daughter does not remember it (she is too busy with the end of her school year) I get bummed and forget all the great things she helps me with, the little times she does think of me and I am surprised, our talks late at night when I am exhausted and she needs to talk, The terrific way she always tells me about the great stuff in her life. I think maybe I should send her the mother's day card since without her I am not one.
Every mother's day I miss my mom a little more than I miss her every day. It has been 30 years and I am still grieving.
OK enough wallowing
I did go to the nursery and bought three lovely raspberry plants on Friday along with tomatoes and some other stuff. I even bought a nice bag of compost just for the raspberries to give them a good start. It is cold today so I guess I will spend my Sunday planting... that will be fine.
Otherwise I got a chair dropped off to be rushed and I have gotten a big pile of blue jeans filleted for Puck to cut up.
making progress
expectations are too high. I wish I understood myself what I really want from it.
When my wonderful daughter does not remember it (she is too busy with the end of her school year) I get bummed and forget all the great things she helps me with, the little times she does think of me and I am surprised, our talks late at night when I am exhausted and she needs to talk, The terrific way she always tells me about the great stuff in her life. I think maybe I should send her the mother's day card since without her I am not one.
Every mother's day I miss my mom a little more than I miss her every day. It has been 30 years and I am still grieving.
OK enough wallowing
I did go to the nursery and bought three lovely raspberry plants on Friday along with tomatoes and some other stuff. I even bought a nice bag of compost just for the raspberries to give them a good start. It is cold today so I guess I will spend my Sunday planting... that will be fine.
Otherwise I got a chair dropped off to be rushed and I have gotten a big pile of blue jeans filleted for Puck to cut up.
making progress


2 Comments:
At 1:17 PM,
Brenda said…
happy mother's day orbie.
sometimes it is rough being a mom.
i plan on being with my spideykids tomorrow. but now i must learn to share because they each have a partner who both have moms. but i have learned to be the kind of mom that doesn't make them feel guilty when they have to go.
i have also learned not to expect anything, because then i will be both surprised and grateful for whatever happens.
life is easier that way.
At 7:00 PM,
emma said…
Orbie,
I agree with your thoughts on MOther's Day.
It's eerie . . . .my word verification is "twingal"!
Post a Comment
<< Home