Loom With A View

Sunday, May 31, 2009

FML

Well it is pretty ironic that I finally figured out what that means... since F**K my life is the way things are going of late.

First off I have been sick for going on two weeks. I don't think it is the swine flu since no one else has come forward with it in our town. Just a sore throat, fever that kept me home from school for two days and then after that it went straight to my head and has not left. I have too blow my nose all the time and I am tired. Ok so that is why I have not blogged..

I have been trying for 5 months now to get the idiot I caned a chair for to pick the dang thing up. He has been avoiding my calls till I finally told him I was going to take the chair to an antique shop and sell it to get my dang money. Then he called me back. Now the lady who really owns the chair is finally involved and called me to make arrangements. I feel bad for her. She is nice and going to call back in a couple weeks when she can get here from Black Earth which is far away..

Ok next on the docket is a goofy chair I am supposed to cane. I recently started working for this refinisher in Madison. He called me up to do this old chair that he has done a little procrastinating on and needs done quickly. When he described it he terrified me since it did not sound like any kind of caning I had ever done. I figured he knew something about cane though and told him I had quite a bit in stock. So he brings me the chair back (it is a rocker) and I see immediately it is a different weave than I have done in 15 years. I can do it, but I don't carry that much binder cane and now have to order some. The guy sort of freaks (hey I am not the one who waited till the last minute)and I tell him sorry, but that this company is very good and I should get it quickly. I order cane and it comes on Friday. I am all excited because I can get a good start on it this weekend. I rip open the package and it is 6.0mm instead of the 5.0mm size I ordered. Arghhhhhh!!!!!!! (not at all what I really said)

I sent a nasty e-mail off to him and he calls back on Saturday morning and apologizes. He will send a call tag for the wrong stuff and get the right stuff out. Now I am further behind.

Oh last but not least on Friday at the end of the school day we get an e-mail from the superintendent. Apparently the Governor has cut the budget to schools again. Desperate times call for desperate measures!. That leave our district having to make more cuts. Some teaching staff will be cut and three more support staff.

I race to open my seniority spread sheet and my fears are founded. Yup I am fourth from the bottom. The bottom person works at the elementary and only has a part time job. Unless a miracle happens that will be my job next year and I will then fall to the cuts scheduled for the following year.

I am not having a good week.

We did go to see Angels and Demons yesterday since when I checked Star Trek wasn't showing anywhere in Janesville. After we got our tickets I asked and the guy said. "Oh sure it is playing at Movies 10"
"I looked and it was not listed"
"you checked our site"
"yes, No listing for Star Trek, I thought it was odd"
" you check our site, not google or yahoo"
"NO, I checked the Movies 10 site and the Rock Site... That's why we are here!" (Idiot)

It was pretty good though and I think Maddie and I are going to see Star Trek tomorrow.

Maddie helped me get warped up and I wove a rug today. I also have gotten a lot of stuff listed on my rug site and vintage site. Need to start selling crap.

I have also been trying to get Maddie motivated to create a site on ETSY.. we have been struggling with names and I am naturally bossy. She is pretty bossy too, but I am thinking LizardBand might be a good name since it is funky, and identifiable. She could make some magnets and cards from her lizard band picture and it would cover her steampunk jewelry, felting and fine art too. It might just be that I see that picture hanging right above the computer so I have come to love it. She wants to re-do it. Ah well.

so that is my FML

7 Comments:

  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger mavis sidebottom said…

    I love that Lizard band picture

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    me too MUM :)

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Sonya said…

    Sorry to hear about the seniority. Maybe something will change between now and then.

    I think Maddie should definitely make an ETSY site.

    Jessica isn't home from college yet. We're going to get her this week. I can't wait till she's home for a while.

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Jilly said…

    i can't wait to see maddie's etsy site.

    grr i hate layoffs and job bumping. people are starting to get pissy at my school. i haven't told them i'm not coming back next year yet. the government defaulted on our contract for next year and have started to mess with retirements. people are starting to get paranoid, but i think they have good cause.

    jilly

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    thanks for your support my friends. I am in the county in Wisconsin where the most layoffs are occurring in the state right now. The GM plant in Janesville has closed and along with it all the peripheral businesses.

    as to Maddie's site... first we have to get her a credit card so she can open a paypal account so she can open an etsy store LOL The credit card is in the works so we should be getting it up soon. I think I almost have her convinced on the Lizard Band name :)
    DesignbyMadeline just sounds a little too formal to me

     
  • At 5:08 AM, Blogger Brenda said…

    i am sorry to hear of your rough days. things are scary in wisconsin aren't they?
    thank you for your birthday wishes. :) i celebrated all week so you weren't late. :)

     
  • At 7:02 AM, Blogger Rosary said…

    I keep thinking of Howard Jonse's song "Things Can Only Get Better," and hoping he's right. I do hope things get better for you!

    If she doesn't like Lizardband (which is most definitely memorable and would be easy to "brand"), there's always MadDesign :-) with all its lovely puns.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home