Loom With A View

Monday, May 11, 2009

reprieve

after whining about my mother's day expectations I feel obligated to mention that I did get a google message from my daughter in the afternoon expressing Happy Mother's Day... It surprised me and pleased me... and now today her boyfriend who had been up there to see the play (Ok, to see her)brought back a mess of her stuff and handed me a small package from Maddie... it was a little brooch shaped like a stag beetle. I thanked her for the spider and she typed back. "Silly mom, it's a stag beetle!"

That is what I get for not putting on my rose colored glasses when I look at a gift :)

all is good.

the bad part of the day was having all three of the teachers I support out for the day. The sixth grade teacher was just fine... She had a nice big voice and the class went just like always.

Next was 8th grade, which is always horrible. This sub was the Hottie sub. He is quite a handsome young man and very nice and humble about it. He also has a beautiful speaking voice and should do radio or something with it. Well anyhow the girls were absolutely horrible snickering and gathering in corners to ogle the poor man.. The boys weren't much better.

One girl actually talked another girl into switching placed with her in the middle of small group discussion so she could sit next to him. Then when the two worst offenders left they hollered back into the room. Mr. H. You're cute! I was mortified at their lack of respect. Two boys hung back too and told him that "so and so" thought he was cute. I told them to stay appropriate and that they needed to leave.

Mr. H. and I talked a little about it and it embarrasses him. It makes it difficult to teach. He is really a nice young man. I guess we need to ugly him up a bit.

Last of the day I had the 7th grade. I was reading aloud and of course all the racy parts of the ding dang book showed up in my two little chapters. It is a young adult ghost story, but there seems to be some lascivious additions that are not necessary... such as describing how hot the summer is by mentioning the sweat trickling between her breasts... heck I was halfway into the sentence when I realized what I was reading to 7th grade boys. Yikes! I pushed on and danged if the next page didn't have the little shop girl talking about a midnight swim with her boyfriend with them being buck naked. I tried to make a joke of it, with limited success.... when we got to the severed hand though I really spooked it up and I think they forgot the naughty bits for a while anyhow!

I am glad this day is done. I think maybe I need to have someone talk to those girls about being appropriate to teachers.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:29 AM, Blogger Sonya said…

    Talking to the girls might do them a big favor for later in life. They shouldn't be saying every thought that comes into their heads.

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    I agree

     

Post a Comment

<< Home