Back from the Play
Just got home a little while ago from a trip to River Falls to see Maddie in As You Like It. We got up there a couple hours early to visit for a bit and Maddie was working hard on her burlesque costume. I helped out a little on that and then we were off to the show. She had to get there early for makeup and hair so Puck and I went out to get her some flowers and came back a little later to the theater.
I had gotten a very cute one of a kind card on Etsy that was collage of As You Like It ephemera and I found a rare copy of the play in hardbound with illustrations by Salvador Dali to give her as a memento of her first Shakespearean role. First editions of this particular script are quite expensive and the first copy I found on EBAY was over $300.00... well much as I adore my daughter that was a tad too rich for my blood. I searched some more over the next couple weeks and found a second edition copy for quite a bit less. It was well worth it though. She opened it in the greenroom and every actor in the place was clamoring to see it :)
The play was very good and although I didn't get any pictures there are some great ones on the school web site
After the play we went to my sister's house to spend the night. It was pretty late by the time we got there so we didn't get a long visit in, but it was good to see the family. In the morning they were off pretty early to plant soybeans and we needed to get on the road early so that Puck could get to work by 5:00. His tremors were acting up so I ended up driving the whole way back. I sure wish I could get him to go to the doctor and get his meds straightened out.
I got a pile of blue jeans from my sister and have been cutting those up in to hunks that Puck can cut into strips. It is a very straightforward fabric to cut and doesn't require any artistic choices so it is easy for him to get done. He lost his every other week hours at the bar and is feeling a little at loose ends lately.
Rock County (our county) has been pretty hard hit with the GM plant closing and all the peripheral industries then affected. Jobs are far and few between.
I met our new neighbor today. She is a newly divorced single woman. Apparently a pretty bitter divorce. Her ex started dating a very much younger woman only a few months after they were married. Unfortunately I know the girl and her grandmother. Dang small towns anyhow.
The neighbor has a couple dogs and a cat so instead of muffins I brought over some wool balls for the pets as a welcome to the neighborhood. It is nice to see a light in the window over there again after almost a year of darkness. She seems like a nice woman. We shall see what time will bring.
well back to the blue jeans
I had gotten a very cute one of a kind card on Etsy that was collage of As You Like It ephemera and I found a rare copy of the play in hardbound with illustrations by Salvador Dali to give her as a memento of her first Shakespearean role. First editions of this particular script are quite expensive and the first copy I found on EBAY was over $300.00... well much as I adore my daughter that was a tad too rich for my blood. I searched some more over the next couple weeks and found a second edition copy for quite a bit less. It was well worth it though. She opened it in the greenroom and every actor in the place was clamoring to see it :)
The play was very good and although I didn't get any pictures there are some great ones on the school web site
After the play we went to my sister's house to spend the night. It was pretty late by the time we got there so we didn't get a long visit in, but it was good to see the family. In the morning they were off pretty early to plant soybeans and we needed to get on the road early so that Puck could get to work by 5:00. His tremors were acting up so I ended up driving the whole way back. I sure wish I could get him to go to the doctor and get his meds straightened out.
I got a pile of blue jeans from my sister and have been cutting those up in to hunks that Puck can cut into strips. It is a very straightforward fabric to cut and doesn't require any artistic choices so it is easy for him to get done. He lost his every other week hours at the bar and is feeling a little at loose ends lately.
Rock County (our county) has been pretty hard hit with the GM plant closing and all the peripheral industries then affected. Jobs are far and few between.
I met our new neighbor today. She is a newly divorced single woman. Apparently a pretty bitter divorce. Her ex started dating a very much younger woman only a few months after they were married. Unfortunately I know the girl and her grandmother. Dang small towns anyhow.
The neighbor has a couple dogs and a cat so instead of muffins I brought over some wool balls for the pets as a welcome to the neighborhood. It is nice to see a light in the window over there again after almost a year of darkness. She seems like a nice woman. We shall see what time will bring.
well back to the blue jeans


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home