Loom With A View

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ok I know it has been a while

Had our first book club meeting. the four of us mostly read Water for Elephants. I really liked it. I bought the book, but also listened to it on cd. I liked the cd so much that I listened to the ending couple cd's even after I had finished reading the book.

Mostly we bitched about work though. My job inevitably will be bumped. I honestly do not see how it will be possible to stay. Frankly today you could have had it. We are doing State testing and my group is wonderful, but the kids get very squirrely and in order to be fair to all the classes they rearranged the day so I could barely keep track of where I was supposed to be.

I found out today that the co-worker we had our meeting at tonight bought a house in town and is living away from her husband. This all happened over the summer and I didn't even have a clue. It just goes to show how disconnected I am from the world in this job and town.

I had the weirdest experience with another co-worker today... As I was walking down to pick up my testing materials she snagged me and asked if I had any time. I told her where I was going and she replies
"Oh this will only take a minute"
she drags me into a room and starts stammering out something
"Oh, er, uh, I have something I want to ask you, er put to you, and you may not know that I am like kind of out there and all"

"Uh yeah I know that(wondering what the hell is going on"

"Well, uh, what would you say if, well..."

"just spit it out (laughing)"

"Well what if we were er I was, to say take you out to lunch and treat you to a hair cut?"

(what the fuck?) "no, I don't think so, I really like my long hair for rendezvous"

"Well, a bunch of us...."

"I like the authenticity of the long hair, no offense taken"

I walked off, but was very weirded out by the whole thing. Were people criticizing my hair behind my back and what the heck?

So I went into the library later and asked my friend Susi what was up with the hair intervention? She was shocked and said no one was talking about my hair (really don't care) and that the girl was pretty odd (which I already knew)

We all laughed about the hair thing at the party. My hair is not terribly attractive, but it has been long all my life and I like it. If I cut it I would just have to maintain it so much more and frankly I could give a rip.

Puck is up in Bemidji visiting his dad. and 11 hour drive through snow at the end. He made it up there safe though and will be home on Friday. I am very glad he went up. It has been over a year since they have seen each other. Maybe it will help Dad with his depression.

Had to add the Jesus picture of Maddie (they are doing beards in makeup class) and the Rocky Horror skanky pictures of Maddie too, she is the one with the popcorn box (What's a mother to do, she is having way too much fun in college)
It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane,
Let's do the Time Warp again!


4 Comments:

  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Sonya said…

    It sounds like you handled the hair thing very calmly. That girl has a lot of nerve!

    Love the Maddie pictures. She's just gorgeous and looks so happy. I'm anxious for Jess to come home. It's been a long time, it seems. She said she's looking forward to taking a bath and cooking something in the kitchen.

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Jilly said…

    i don't know how you didn't laugh to her face.

    tree, i missed the bath tub too when i was at school. there's something wonderful about not sharing your grooming with strangers.

    jilly

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger vq said…

    Sounds like you handled things very calmly. I'm pretty sure I'd have burst into tears of indignation. People are just...mystifying, aren't they?

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    Thanks Ladies... I just thought the whole thing was sort of idiotic ... I guess after playing the cursed banjo for so many years I am accustomed to fending off odd remarks :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home