Loom With A View

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Memories

Maddie needs family pictures for her makeup class and so I was scanning some pictures of my grandma. Being too lazy to do real digging I remembered that the small pics from our wedding had some good pics of my mom and grandma, and puck's mom and grandma.




I think out of all my wedding pictures I like this one the best. A harried Lori with veil and dress, giant purse and camera and what appears to be lipstick, trying to balance her shoes and some weird briefcase thing. Oh I see my makeup mirror in that. probably there was a brush and stuff











This one is my grandma and Puck's paternal grandmother. I wish I had gotten to know her better









Three generations. It sure doesn't look like my mom is dying of cancer. It has been so long and I still miss her every day.










I sort of like this one too although my mother in law was irritated with me for things I had no control over. We ended up having a very good relationship although we never really got each other.
















and last but not least my handsome husband and his cronies (and my little brother) They really did look great





















It all made me very sad. My mom died two years after we were married, Puck's grandmother fairly soon after that, His mother passed away about 10 years ago and my grandmother 5 years ago I think. I do not keep track of death dates very well. I see all those smiling faces celebrating our marriage... well mostly just celebrating that we were finally getting married after living together for so long LOL. Well that is enough melancholy for one night.

We got the van packed up for rendezvous and I made Hard tack and did some shopping. I am hoping to get a vest finished by the end of the week. busy busy busy.

11 Comments:

  • At 5:13 AM, Blogger mavis sidebottom said…

    There's no mistaking who maddies Mum is , is there :)

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger Brenda said…

    i love the pictures. you look so cute. yes, i see maddie in there. :)

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger VeggiesaurusRex said…

    My first thought, too--"wow, Maddie looks like her mom!"

    I loved it when guys wore their hair long like that. And you were a lovely young thing!

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger vq said…

    P.S. That wasn't actually Hallie...

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    Yes Verb, but you made me laugh because all summer I was posting as Maddie LOL glad I am not the only one

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    I was only a day away from 22 when I got married so I guess that is pretty close to Maddie's age now. She is 19

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger vq said…

    Yep, it seemed especially fitting that I posted as Hallie on YOUR blog!

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Jilly said…

    when my mom picks my sister's kids up from daycare, all the toddlers run and say "Gramma!" and hug her. Their mother doesn't have parents, so my mom found out, looked at her and said "well, welcome to the family, the more the merrier." i'm so glad my mom is like that, i never had a decent gradnmother figure and she's such a good grandmother that it's good she shares.

    maddie does look a lot like you. i like your dress.

    jilly

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    thanks Jilly :)

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was there that day.
    Was I as young and good looking as you and Puck and Ronayne and who is that hot guy next to Puck (not Dickie)?
    I made special clothes to wear to it and haven't seen them since.
    Of course, DonaLyn spent time in the barn and the Luna Moth.
    I love you and Puck so much...when can we have a play date?
    Michael

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    You were equally as good looking my dear friend. And that is Ray Zemke Remember? He and his wife live in Lake Elmo and have a rather young child

     

Post a Comment

<< Home