Etsy Finally
You may have noticed the little Etsy link on the side of my blog. I have spent the past three days photographing, photo shopping,tweaking, describing and entering 22 rugs on the Etsy site to try and sell. This is the first time I have managed to get organized enough to try the site. I think it was Tree who gave me the link in 2006. I joined back then with every intention of getting things online, but it takes time and that is something I never seem to have.
Lately it seems to be getting more and more difficult to haul all my crap around to shows so it would be nice to just have this little shop where lots of people could see my work and I could have Puck walk it down to the post office :)
My avitar is awfully smiley and I think it was taken back when I first met Spidey and she was a Soda Jerk.. You've come a long way baby!
Thanks again to Sheila222 who recently purchase two pink rugs from me. That too was inspiration to get them online. It also was inspiration to include the postage in the price of the rug :)
Maddie almost has the van packed and it really does look like she is taking a little less stuff up to school Yippee! She will be one floor lower too which will help in the hauling. Hopefully she will find some friends hanging around too to help so I can just sit by the van and guard the stuff. They strapped her bike up on top of the van so it really looks ready to go now! She and her boyfriend are difficult to separate lately as the hour of departure swiftly approaches. She has two more days working at the Piggly Wiggly and I think they will miss her. She is the only one who likes doing dishes and will clean if she is not busy. She does not like to be idle.
Wednesday was our inservice day and it was tolerable. I found out I have no study hall this year, which was good news. I will also get to be back in my lab for an hour a week which should be interesting. I don't know how much I really remember about all the programs so will have to get back in the saddle quickly. I still need to figure out photo shop. I used to remember how to layer things, but I may have to get out the manual ick! Word, Excel and Power Point should still be good since I use them at home. I am not sure about Front Page and anything new they may have added. They keep changing our server every year and screwing up the mail.
I met the new Read 180 teacher. She is a youngster and a go-getter. She keeps looking to me for guidance and frankly every one of the Read 180 teachers did a completely different thing so I got nothing for her but "sure" "whatever you want" We didn't get any computer updates for Read 180 which sucks but hopefully we can fill some time with other stuff before the kids need to log in.
Well that just about does it. now just waiting for buyers :)
Lately it seems to be getting more and more difficult to haul all my crap around to shows so it would be nice to just have this little shop where lots of people could see my work and I could have Puck walk it down to the post office :)
My avitar is awfully smiley and I think it was taken back when I first met Spidey and she was a Soda Jerk.. You've come a long way baby!
Thanks again to Sheila222 who recently purchase two pink rugs from me. That too was inspiration to get them online. It also was inspiration to include the postage in the price of the rug :)
Maddie almost has the van packed and it really does look like she is taking a little less stuff up to school Yippee! She will be one floor lower too which will help in the hauling. Hopefully she will find some friends hanging around too to help so I can just sit by the van and guard the stuff. They strapped her bike up on top of the van so it really looks ready to go now! She and her boyfriend are difficult to separate lately as the hour of departure swiftly approaches. She has two more days working at the Piggly Wiggly and I think they will miss her. She is the only one who likes doing dishes and will clean if she is not busy. She does not like to be idle.
Wednesday was our inservice day and it was tolerable. I found out I have no study hall this year, which was good news. I will also get to be back in my lab for an hour a week which should be interesting. I don't know how much I really remember about all the programs so will have to get back in the saddle quickly. I still need to figure out photo shop. I used to remember how to layer things, but I may have to get out the manual ick! Word, Excel and Power Point should still be good since I use them at home. I am not sure about Front Page and anything new they may have added. They keep changing our server every year and screwing up the mail.
I met the new Read 180 teacher. She is a youngster and a go-getter. She keeps looking to me for guidance and frankly every one of the Read 180 teachers did a completely different thing so I got nothing for her but "sure" "whatever you want" We didn't get any computer updates for Read 180 which sucks but hopefully we can fill some time with other stuff before the kids need to log in.
Well that just about does it. now just waiting for buyers :)


5 Comments:
At 1:01 PM,
sheila222 said…
And I will say again how much i love these rugs!
At 10:12 AM,
vq said…
Your Etsy site looks great. Soon as I figure out which color I want, I'm ordering one!
At 3:31 PM,
Anonymous said…
Cooooooool
At 9:39 AM,
Jilly said…
dearest orbie,
i'm ina women's history class so i can complete my social studies certification. anyway, i have o build a loom and weave, and what we make gets displayed at the college art show, so expect some e-mails from me. the prof gave us all the materials and i do not like the color wool she gave me.
we have to relate a period of women's history, write a paper about it and weave somethng that reflects what we've writtn about. i think i'm going to use the poem Women by alice walker. it's always reminded me of my mother and her mother.
i think it's an interesting concept, but i'm very busy and would rather just write a paper and take a test, like traditional classes do. thank god i only have to take one of these classes.
jilly
At 9:52 AM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
Jilly
ask away and for heavens sake lets find you some good colors to work with. There is nothing worse than having to create with materials you do not like
Post a Comment
<< Home