Loom With A View

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Snow Day

We got another snow day today... Puck is out shoveling as I type He says there is at least a foot of snow on the ground and it is still snowing and blowing... Our very kind neighbor snow blowed (or is it blew) the sidewalk which is a big job, but that still leaves the walk to the house and the driveway. It looks like I will probably have to walk to school tomorrow unless I get out there and do some shoveling myself. We are running out of places to put the snow and it is difficult to lift it that high.

I slept in after the phone call this morning then worked a little on the play. I fancied up the Ben Gunn character's staff with a little raffia. So far I have made the Witch doctors headdress, which she loves and sailor scarves for the Devine sisters which they hate (sigh)

I feel badly that the girls are not fond of their costume, but I only have what I have. they are all different sizes and the costume is an embellishment of costumes we used a couple of plays ago consisting of gold shorts and tops. I made red sailor collars with blue embellishments and now they think they look like boy scouts.

I was going to try to make an aviator helmet, but found one on eBay that is much better than anything I could have created. Now I just need to find goggles.

Puck has been working hard on the set and created some lovely dunes. It will be great to have them to work with to help with the blocking.

I wore my daughter's tiara to school yesterday along with all the beads I could manage. One of the classes was selling Mardi Gras beads as a fund raiser for the K-9 unit of the police. I bought some from them and added several of my own. I was a little more blinged than most people and they were heavy so I dumped them around noon. I kept the tiara on for the day though :) I sort of forgot I had it on.

I guess that does it for an update... My days are spent in read-180 and my afternoons are spent at rehearsal then home to work on costumes or other minutia.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Brenda said…

    we are getting dumped on big time. spideydaughter and i went out to shovel and gave up. it was filling back in as fast as we could move it. plus it is blowing and drifting. see you in april.

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    LOL Spidey I looked outside and it looks pretty hopeless... not only is it blowing, but it is still snowing and shows no sign of stopping

    I bet we are up to 14 inches now

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Brenda said…

    it is at least that much if not more. good thing i didn't get rid of all that old food in my pantry. old is better than none.

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    they canceled school for tomorrow too

    I shoveled for awhile and got most of the snow off my car... It looks like it has a mowhawk. when Puck got back from the theater he finished . I am sure we got at least 15 inches

     
  • At 5:13 AM, Blogger Brenda said…

    i am back to work today. however i haven't tried to leave yet so i may be staying home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home