Childless again


Drove Maddie back to school on Saturday. Roads were terrible. I was driving and we passed many many very bad accidents. Cars upside down in ditches and wrapped around trees and such. Was glad to let Puck take over the driving.
Only spent a little bit of time getting her back into the dorm then turned around and drove the 5 hours home. Roads were beautiful on the way back.
Spending a lot of time trying to find things Puck can eat with his new teeth. Noodles and pudding seem to be good. I got him a bag of that huskless popcorn and that made him happy too :)
I miss Maddie already though, but she forgot some things so it is just like having her home plus her room is still a pit lol
Here are some of the things she made while she was home for the play. The Tiki is about 6' 10" and the conch is about 18 inches across. I sort of dared her to make the conch after she offered to make the starfish for the play. Being the stubborn child of mine she took on the challenge and whipped it out in a couple days.
The tiki she designed and built herself with only a tiny bit of help from Puck. We are now trying to figure out what to do with the dang thing once the show is over. I wonder if the Kalahari in the Dells would want it? We do not have room in the house for it.


10 Comments:
At 10:44 PM,
Clank Napper said…
I would take it, but it might give me nightmares.
At 5:04 AM,
Anonymous said…
Love the king conch! And there's a Kon Tiki restaurant in Shreveport, La, and probably elsewhere, that would take the sculpture. If you can get a lit cigar in its mouth, so much the better--
Ded
At 10:24 PM,
Jenny Robin said…
wow, wow, and wow!
At 8:42 AM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
thanks on behalf of Maddie
At 6:33 AM,
schell said…
What a talented young lady she is...she must take after her mom!
At 2:34 PM,
Brenda said…
how could she not be artistic being around orbie all her life. :)
At 4:07 PM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
thanks Spidey and Schell
At 4:09 PM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
Puck is half the talent too I get mine from my mom and dad... My mother went to college to become a commercial artist and my dad was a very talented sketcher.... I was the most artistic in the family, but the rest of the family is fairly artsy too.
At 7:35 AM,
Edie Helena said…
This is a sort of drive by comment, but, where in the world did you get huskless popcorn? My boyfriend has Crohn's disease and can't eat popcorn anymore when it was his favorite treat. I'd love to get him some huskless but can't find it anywhere.
At 1:49 PM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
I think it was brand name Popeye or something... and I think we got it at Walmart.... it was salty, but tasted like popcorn
puffcorn might be a way of looking for it too
good luck
Post a Comment
<< Home