Loom With A View

Thursday, December 06, 2007

WOOLY BALLS


these are the fanciest ones I have... My daughter needled in the dragon designs.. Most of them are plain or with swirly designs and average about $4.00 each

10 Comments:

  • At 5:38 AM, Blogger Sonya said…

    I'd pay at least $10 for a handcrafted ball like that. They're so pretty.

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger Clank Napper said…

    Why are they so cheap?

     
  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger Clank Napper said…

    I mean inexpensive. I just realised that in americfa you maybe don't say cheap fopr inexpensive, but something bad.

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Jenny Robin said…

    definitely charge more for them....at least $10, maybe even $12 or $15 if you're feeling sassy

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    the fancy ones like the dragon balls sell for $15.00... I don't have too much trouble selling them and it takes a few hours to needle in the designs... the patterns are put in using a special needle and bits of colored wool... then the ball is felted.... It is tricky to figure out how the design will look once the ball compacts down in the felting.

    I usually let Maddie have a few balls to decorate then give her any money we sell them for.

    my standard rate for balls is $2.00 per oz... and on the jingles I don't go any lower than $3.00 I have a reasonable markup on the balls... much higher than my profit on the rugs and they are good for getting people into my booth :)

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    those are prettier than the wooly balls i bought from you, but then again, the dog chews on the ones i bought, so it's best i don't get fancy ones.

    jilly

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    those are absolutely gorgeous! Great work!!!!
    4

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Orbie- where do you get your roving?

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    http://www.rhlindsaywool.com/index.htm
    I usually purchase one bump of their mixed wool
    Domestic 56s Wool Top, Product #91 that is about 27 lbs of wool and gets me free shipping... That amount of wool usually lasts me at least one season with a little left over product to start the next season.

    I see they have sold out of white though until a new shipment comes in. Usually shearing takes place in the spring so I would guess that it might be a while before they are stocked again... I have found them easy to work with although I don't think they are retail sellers

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My daughter needle felts animals and gets her supplies (mainly) from Mielkesfarm.com. up in central Wisconsin,, just wondered if you all used the same folks. d

     

Post a Comment

<< Home