Snow Day again
Another snow day today. It stopped snowing sometime around 8 PM and Puck went out and shoveled the rest of the driveway so at least one car can get out. I had done some shoveling earlier. This is the biggest snowfall I have seen since we lived up in River Falls. That would be at least 20 years ago.
That is our front porch with the peacock chair that I loaned to the King and I. it is now gold. The brown house is the neighbor rental house. There are at least 2 families living there and at times have had 4 or 5 families living there. The downstairs guy is a sweetheart who always says hi and puts up a fabulous Halloween display. The upstairs guy just got busted for selling crack along with his mother so we had quite a scene a few weeks ago. People kept asking me why all the cop cars were next door, but I had to wait for the paper to come out to find out any information.
The shot with the stop sign (the one head on and not a side street) is up the street going toward the schools and the other is the one going downtown toward Main street and past the library and Methodist church. The pizza place is at the end of the street too.
My pictures don't really show how huge the piles of snow are. Apparently there was a 10 hour backup of traffic on I 90. I am very glad not to have been stuck in that.
That is my van which is just barely visible underneath the 16 inches of snow. We are going to try and get that shoveled out today before it never starts again.
Just glad to be snug
In June when we have to make these days up it will not be too fun though


9 Comments:
At 10:02 AM,
vq said…
I love all the pics on your blog!
At 11:45 AM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
Verb does it remind you of your Janesville days?
At 4:06 PM,
Jenny Robin said…
wowsers
At 6:03 PM,
Brenda said…
your snow looks just like my snow!
At 5:51 AM,
Anonymous said…
Isn't River Falls where the The Music Man is set?
Thanks for the reminder of why I hate snow.
At 3:37 PM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
sorry Rosa that is River City some place
and he is from Gary Indiana
you were close though :)
At 5:54 PM,
Brenda said…
i have stood on that porch and knocked on that door, but you weren't home.
At 6:39 PM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
When was that Spidey???? I don't remember you talking about it?
sorry I missed you :(
At 7:13 AM,
Brenda said…
that was a few years ago. we did talk about it, you have just forgotten. i just mentioned it cause the picture of your porch reminded me of it. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home