Loom With A View

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Wallowing

Just sort of doing not much of anything and watching Maddie run around like a crazy person packing up the van. Sheesh she has a lot of stuff. Puck and I both recall filling the trunk of a car with our own college stuff and Maddie has a whole van full of crap. Oh well I guess she will be more prepared than I was :)

We leave tomorrow for college. Thankfully the weather is supposed to be nice all the way since we are supposed to unload everything, get registered, move the van and then haul it up to the third floor and cram it into her room.

I think I will be guarding the pile most of the time :)

We have to pick up her bed loft too so that needs to get worked into the equation somehow.

cannot get "Mad World" out of my head... we watched Donnie Darko a couple weeks ago and that song has stuck in my brain ever since. I ordered a copy of the Gary Jules version and the Tears for Fears original. They just came today and now it is really ingrained.

Had my first day of school... not much accomplished ... still aprehensive about what my duties will be this year. I am spending one hour a day back in the lab and one hour a day with a 7th grade study hall. Hopefully the little monsters will have matured a little over the summer, but I am not holding my breath.

The day is beautiful and it is nice to be able to have the door open and air out the house. The basement is finally dry (fingers crossed)

I made chocolate chip cookies for Maddie to take with her

The VCR died, but we have another one that hopefully will work. Puck watches so many movies and much of our collection is VHS still. Yes we are luddites.

ok that is enough rambling

ta ta

5 Comments:

  • At 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i promise to send the sheets soon, if she wants to use them, that's great, if not, i know you'll find something cool to do with them, you're good at finding a use for all things. i've been running around getting stuff ready too. i just can't imagine that i'll actually need all of this stuff, but i know i'll probably say "i don't have enough stuff!" at some point. good luck to you all, don't cry too much when you drive away.

    jilly

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Luck Maddie xxx

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger Rosary said…

    Hugs to you, Puck, and Maddie. Good luck too though I don't think Maddie will need it because she's clearly brilliant :-)

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good luck in your new adventure maddie. it seems like yesterday you were the little girl i was mailing slippers to for christmas.

    orb. you did a good job.

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heavens, I didn't realize Maddie was going off to college. Wow, time goes by so fast!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home