long hard day of shopping
Let me start off by saying that I really hate shopping
Took Maddie into Janesville for last minute school shopping. She leaves for college in two weeks so we really needed to get things done.
Started off at the resale place in town to look for picture frames for our brilliant plan to make an earring tree by framing small guage screen... well there were no great frames but she did find some of that plastic craft screen and we came up with an alternative that has ended up an even better plan for the earrings. She cut three sheets in half and stitched them together sort of fan like. They work quite nicely and are not at all reminiscent of the ugly christmas ornaments or tissue holders they were intended to become. She found a fabulous orange fluffy prom dress too for only 2 dollars. I got some lace remnants and a little blue glass toothpick holder. She spent a whole 6 dollars and I spent 2.
When we left she remembered that she had forgotten to write down the make and model of her drill. One of the things we were looking for was a charger for that so we drove back home. They had been tearing up the street in front of the house so we had to take a back route. I think they were looking to unclog a water main or something.
Then we were off again. Dropped off film at Walmart then went on to Menards for hardware. She is going to hang a drapery off her bunk and needed a rod. We got some conduit pvc pipe and some brackets for her headboard/corkboard idea... so much of this will depend on the configuration of the loft bed and we don't have exact measurements for it.
After that we went to Goodwill. Found some shiny wallpaper that she can use to cover her bottoms boards to her crates so things wont fall through. I found a furry pillow and a bottom piece to her papizon chair (she has always been missing it) so that was cool. I also got a Salton yogurt maker. I used to have one, but I think I gave it away. Lately I have been having a yogurt every day for lunch, but the store yogurts are always too sweet. I think I can make better tasting yogurt myself. We shall see.
Next we went to the Mall so Maddie could get her first cell phone. Got that and then went to radio shack to get a camera. She is the most indecisive person I know. Good thing we had a good salesperson who was patient. She finally settled on a nice low end one that should be fine.
Last we went back to walmart to pick up film, get headphones, and buy the rest of the incidentals. We had been gone almost 8 hours and that was way too much for me.
came home and crashed. I think we are close to ready though
Took Maddie into Janesville for last minute school shopping. She leaves for college in two weeks so we really needed to get things done.
Started off at the resale place in town to look for picture frames for our brilliant plan to make an earring tree by framing small guage screen... well there were no great frames but she did find some of that plastic craft screen and we came up with an alternative that has ended up an even better plan for the earrings. She cut three sheets in half and stitched them together sort of fan like. They work quite nicely and are not at all reminiscent of the ugly christmas ornaments or tissue holders they were intended to become. She found a fabulous orange fluffy prom dress too for only 2 dollars. I got some lace remnants and a little blue glass toothpick holder. She spent a whole 6 dollars and I spent 2.
When we left she remembered that she had forgotten to write down the make and model of her drill. One of the things we were looking for was a charger for that so we drove back home. They had been tearing up the street in front of the house so we had to take a back route. I think they were looking to unclog a water main or something.
Then we were off again. Dropped off film at Walmart then went on to Menards for hardware. She is going to hang a drapery off her bunk and needed a rod. We got some conduit pvc pipe and some brackets for her headboard/corkboard idea... so much of this will depend on the configuration of the loft bed and we don't have exact measurements for it.
After that we went to Goodwill. Found some shiny wallpaper that she can use to cover her bottoms boards to her crates so things wont fall through. I found a furry pillow and a bottom piece to her papizon chair (she has always been missing it) so that was cool. I also got a Salton yogurt maker. I used to have one, but I think I gave it away. Lately I have been having a yogurt every day for lunch, but the store yogurts are always too sweet. I think I can make better tasting yogurt myself. We shall see.
Next we went to the Mall so Maddie could get her first cell phone. Got that and then went to radio shack to get a camera. She is the most indecisive person I know. Good thing we had a good salesperson who was patient. She finally settled on a nice low end one that should be fine.
Last we went back to walmart to pick up film, get headphones, and buy the rest of the incidentals. We had been gone almost 8 hours and that was way too much for me.
came home and crashed. I think we are close to ready though


3 Comments:
At 4:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
sounds like she's got to be close to ready after all that.
jilly
At 8:06 AM,
UrbanStarGazer said…
That's funny, I made a picture frame/wire earring holder a couple of years ago when I got tired of losing all my earrings! It works well and looks cute. I couldn't find the wire screen that I wanted but, it still came out pretty okay.
Wow . . . two weeks, eh? How far away will she be?
At 8:29 AM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
River Falls is 4 and a half hours from here
Post a Comment
<< Home