Loom With A View

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Squash for Breakfast

I have to take my meds with food and nothing looked too appealing in the refrigerator except the lovely butternut squash that was left over from another meal. I love squash, but my family is not a huge fan. It is quite nippy out this morning and we are trying not to turn the heat on any earlier than we have to so a nice hot bowl of squash with coffee is pretty comforting.

Again the week flew by. We are still loving our couch and it has again become part of the family of furniture. On a recent trip to goodwill I found a VHS copy of Purple Rain... I don't believe I have seen that since I was back in River Falls. I am looking forward to seeing it again.

Whitewater is putting on a midnight performance of Rocky Horror on Friday the 13th ... I would like to go see a live stage production of it, but Maddie wants to dress up and the only character I could dress up as would be Meatloaf and I am not going there. They have a special section of the audience saved for the dressed up fans. I want to sit with her.. it is a dilemma.

I bought a new stove from a co-worker and Puck and I are going to try and bring it home today. My current oven tends to burn cookies... I have to put the cookie sheets on the top rack and watch them carefully and my big front burner died quite a while ago so this will be a good thing I hope. I think it might be a little smaller than my current oven, but that is ok.

Finally got the last actor measured on thursday and pulled several shirts and pants for the rest of the cast. I fitted my cabbie too... She has the most glorious head of curly auburn going to bright red hair. She wanted to play the cabbie as a guy, but we want her to be a female who is working a somewhat unusual job. I would say not too surprising since this is 1944, but in one of her lines we find out she has been driving for 15 years and her brother for 10. I have a lovely vintage Hawaiian shirt that I used to wear in college. It has a black base with pineapples and flowers all over it. I am putting her in that and khaki pants. I found her a long tawny leather jacket to complete the outfit and a blue corduroy snap front cap. Shoes are still a problem, but she says she has a pair of hiking boots that might work. I wanted to put her in some kind of work boot, but those are in rather limited supply.

I hemmed up a dress for one of my shorter society ladies and only have one more to shorten. Both these girls are just about 5 feet and a little on the robust side. I want them to look pretty and to feel good on stage. I hauled in two large plastic bins of hats from home and then finally found the hats the HS owns. Unfortunately they did not have a great selection except one really wonderful hat for my Grande dame. I would like to embellish it even more, but that is not a huge priority.

They are having a full run through on Sunday so I should be able to fit hats to dresses and find character shoes for all the girls. It is coming together, but I need to either make or find some snoods for some of the girls. We still have a few actors with academic problems, but hopefully they will make the grade so to speak.

Maddie has now been accepted to three of the four schools she applied to and seems to be feeling a little more excited about making a selection. I guess the acceptance letters make it a little more real.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Brenda said…

    that sounds good. i would eat squash for breakfast. i have also eaten mashed rutabaga, eggplant and cold french fries for breakfast so you really can't go by me.

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh dress up as anyone in RHS--you don't have to be Eddie--just have fun! Black shirt, black skirt, white apron, and RED lipstick, pfft Magneta. Afterall, RHS fans (and I think fanatics is fitting here) are there for the fun of it, and probably don't care if the costumer is 2 or a 52.

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger longhair75 said…

    its just a jump to the left
    and a step to the right
    put your hands on your hips
    bring you knees in tight
    but it's the pelvic thrust
    that really drives me insane

    let's do the time warp again!

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    Well it looks like I will have to settle for throwing toast at the television. I procrastinated too long and they are now sold out. It was probably too late for me anyhow LOL It is homecoming that weekend and it would have been a late night. I can do the time warp any old time

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like you orbs,you are an interesting lady

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey, if the wedding people are blind, invite mel and her deaf guy, then leave the deaf guy with the blind people and see what happens, that would be a hoot

     
  • At 4:34 AM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    Jilly if there is any way I can help just let me know... I know how frustrating sewing can be.. believe me. I could loan you a couple of my cute circle hats with the veils that I made for Kiss me Kate... I am certain I must have colors that would match something you are making. I have 13 of the dang things

     

Post a Comment

<< Home