The rugs are generally between 23 and 24 inches wide not including the fringe and I am currently charging .70 per inch for length. I do not weave any standard lengths. I weave till the rug seems finished so I do have a great variety of lengths. It doesn't always sell as well, but a lot of the time my customers find a rug in a size they have not been able to find elseware.
I enjoy color exploration and often have unusual color combinations that other weavers usually do not touch LOL I once wove a wonderful lime green and candy orange striped rug that I thought would hang around forever, but danged if I didn't sell it to another artist (a wood carver) at the very first show it was displayed.
It is unfortunate that most people seem unable to trust their own instincts as to purchasing what appeals to them. So many people seem to be afraid that they have no "taste" I try to explain to them that what they possess is their own taste, no better or worse than any other and since they have to live in their own space they should surround themselves with things they love and the rest of the world be damned LOL
Jim.. thank you for wanting to order a rug, however I do not do any custom orders. Like I said earlier I weave until the rug seems finished to me. This style of weaving suits me best.
The other problem is that a rug that long would require quite a bit of material. As I mainly weave with recycled goods such as sheets and shirts and jeans and such I don't think I have that much on hand.
about 15 years ago I agreed to do some custom work for a woman and after making 5 different rugs for her I gave up and vowed never to do it again. I don't want to spend my time trying to get into peoples heads.
I will keep in mind that you are looking for a long black and purple rug and when I warp up for purple I will see what I have in stock and try to weave a long one or two. I would post pictures but then you have no obligation.
10 Comments:
At 8:18 AM,
Anonymous said…
I love that one in the right hand corner.
At 10:09 AM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
The rugs are generally between 23 and 24 inches wide not including the fringe and I am currently charging .70 per inch for length. I do not weave any standard lengths. I weave till the rug seems finished so I do have a great variety of lengths. It doesn't always sell as well, but a lot of the time my customers find a rug in a size they have not been able to find elseware.
I enjoy color exploration and often have unusual color combinations that other weavers usually do not touch LOL I once wove a wonderful lime green and candy orange striped rug that I thought would hang around forever, but danged if I didn't sell it to another artist (a wood carver) at the very first show it was displayed.
It is unfortunate that most people seem unable to trust their own instincts as to purchasing what appeals to them. So many people seem to be afraid that they have no "taste" I try to explain to them that what they possess is their own taste, no better or worse than any other and since they have to live in their own space they should surround themselves with things they love and the rest of the world be damned LOL
At 2:31 PM,
Brenda said…
okay i want a rug. what colors do you have on hand. any blue? i gotta have one. :)
At 2:57 PM,
longhair75 said…
i have a lovely grey and brown rug made by my friend orbie on the floor of my home office.
At 6:22 PM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
Ooops I meant the length was not including the fringe not the width... that was silly... oh and thank you all very much for your kind remarks
At 6:45 AM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
Jim.. thank you for wanting to order a rug, however I do not do any custom orders. Like I said earlier I weave until the rug seems finished to me. This style of weaving suits me best.
The other problem is that a rug that long would require quite a bit of material. As I mainly weave with recycled goods such as sheets and shirts and jeans and such I don't think I have that much on hand.
about 15 years ago I agreed to do some custom work for a woman and after making 5 different rugs for her I gave up and vowed never to do it again. I don't want to spend my time trying to get into peoples heads.
I will keep in mind that you are looking for a long black and purple rug and when I warp up for purple I will see what I have in stock and try to weave a long one or two. I would post pictures but then you have no obligation.
At 9:56 AM,
Anonymous said…
you know one of orbie's rugs just might be the solution to my drab office wall problem.
At 2:23 PM,
Brenda said…
no one is blocked from my blog ifd. try again. and yes... i am hot.
At 7:18 AM,
Anonymous said…
(Spidey, you won't miss a thing)
At 7:39 PM,
UrbanStarGazer said…
Lovely!!!! I haven't sent the sheets yet but I swear I will soon. Road trip, new job, etc., has had me in a tizzy.
Post a Comment
<< Home