Another hurdle crossed
Took Maddie in for her Senior Pictures yesterday. I have been bugging her about outfits and jewelry and makeup and stuff for a week now and we finally got it all together to take in.
Even bought her new fake toenails for the pictures LOL. She was allowed three outfits and one of them had to be rather prim for her yearbook. they don't allow anything fancy... no hats, no off the shoulders, no props, no hands, only color. We fooled them though and her outfit for that one was black LOL.
I brought along a nice hunk of gold crinkly fabric that matched her first outfit and she snagged her dad's fedora for another outfit... at the last minute I snagged her purple boa too.... one of the pictures we looked at in the examples was quite stunning with feathers surrounding the girls face. I thought it would be nice and I was right.
We got there way too early, but that gave us a chance to look more carefully through the billions of books they had and select some backgrounds. We were more than ready when the girl came out to prep us. They ended up taking over a hundred pictures and by the end we were pooped.
they ran over the price plan and I vaguely listened... mostly I just heard $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$... we will have to really look through the pictures and make some difficult decisions. I wanted to have at least one good black and white that she can use as a head shot. Some of the collage drama programs want that and scheduling a separate session would be very expensive.
We had church pictures right away when we got home too... that was a mistake in scheduling...We had to wake Puck up from his nap so he was groggy, Maddie was exhausted and I could have cared less. We got through the pictures and of course they wanted us to purchase some from them... I was still in sticker shock from the previous photo session and so we didn't buy a thing.
Still have not gotten the washer fixed although Maddie and I tipped it over and gave it a good look. It does not seem to be the belt, gol darn it! I had sucked all the extra water out of the washer before we tipped it over. After Maddie went upstairs I noticed that I had left an enamel kettle with water in it from when I had dyed wook a few weeks ago. I went to dump that out and into the laundry tub plopped a very dead mouse. Sheesh I screamed. I am not too great with dead things and wet decomposing dead things really creep me out. It reeked too. I yelled for Maddie and she came running. I told her to get a paper towel and a plastic bag. Thank goodness everyone in this family has different degrees of nausea. I shuddered about that poor little mousie for days.
The van is supposed to be fixed today... keeping my fingers crossed. My last show is this weekend and I need to be able to get there.
This afternoon is a small picnic for the staff of the middle school. If the new people were not going to be there I would probably skip it. I have been coming down with a cold and am still enjoying my freedom. Tomorrow school starts for teachers and staff and friday the kids come in.
Even bought her new fake toenails for the pictures LOL. She was allowed three outfits and one of them had to be rather prim for her yearbook. they don't allow anything fancy... no hats, no off the shoulders, no props, no hands, only color. We fooled them though and her outfit for that one was black LOL.
I brought along a nice hunk of gold crinkly fabric that matched her first outfit and she snagged her dad's fedora for another outfit... at the last minute I snagged her purple boa too.... one of the pictures we looked at in the examples was quite stunning with feathers surrounding the girls face. I thought it would be nice and I was right.
We got there way too early, but that gave us a chance to look more carefully through the billions of books they had and select some backgrounds. We were more than ready when the girl came out to prep us. They ended up taking over a hundred pictures and by the end we were pooped.
they ran over the price plan and I vaguely listened... mostly I just heard $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$... we will have to really look through the pictures and make some difficult decisions. I wanted to have at least one good black and white that she can use as a head shot. Some of the collage drama programs want that and scheduling a separate session would be very expensive.
We had church pictures right away when we got home too... that was a mistake in scheduling...We had to wake Puck up from his nap so he was groggy, Maddie was exhausted and I could have cared less. We got through the pictures and of course they wanted us to purchase some from them... I was still in sticker shock from the previous photo session and so we didn't buy a thing.
Still have not gotten the washer fixed although Maddie and I tipped it over and gave it a good look. It does not seem to be the belt, gol darn it! I had sucked all the extra water out of the washer before we tipped it over. After Maddie went upstairs I noticed that I had left an enamel kettle with water in it from when I had dyed wook a few weeks ago. I went to dump that out and into the laundry tub plopped a very dead mouse. Sheesh I screamed. I am not too great with dead things and wet decomposing dead things really creep me out. It reeked too. I yelled for Maddie and she came running. I told her to get a paper towel and a plastic bag. Thank goodness everyone in this family has different degrees of nausea. I shuddered about that poor little mousie for days.
The van is supposed to be fixed today... keeping my fingers crossed. My last show is this weekend and I need to be able to get there.
This afternoon is a small picnic for the staff of the middle school. If the new people were not going to be there I would probably skip it. I have been coming down with a cold and am still enjoying my freedom. Tomorrow school starts for teachers and staff and friday the kids come in.


5 Comments:
At 1:28 PM,
UrbanStarGazer said…
I love that pic!!!!!!
Okay, you're braver than I am . . . if I had found that mouse, I would have just moved.
At 1:32 PM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
When I picked up the kettle I thought I saw a hunk of string or bit of wool in it. I was going to reach in and fish it out so it would not clog the laundry tub drain but at the last minute decided to just dump all the water and deal with the fiber in the tub... I shudder to think about it now!!!!
At 4:40 AM,
Brenda said…
beautiful picture of maddie!
mice... yuck.
At 5:38 AM,
The Broards said…
Beautiful Maddie
At 11:09 AM,
Anonymous said…
Tell Naddie she's a true beauty just like her Mom.
Love,
Ellyn
Post a Comment
<< Home