Loom With A View

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Yipee

Finally our sofa is back fromt the upholsterers. We have been without it for almost three months and it has been terribly missed. I was very aprehensive going to get it. It is all well and good to approve 6 square inches of fabric, but wondering how it looks on a 6 foot beloved piece of furniture is a whole nother ball o wax.

We had to finally take the last of the rendezvous things out of the van and by then it had started raining again. I snagged some garbage bags and tarps and off we went. The rain had let up by the time we got to Janesville and Mr. Beil was waiting for us. He opened up the garage door and I peered in. The sofa was way at the back and it looked stunning. I was so relieved. It took some manuvering to get it into the van, but with a little foam and bungee cords we were off. It always amazes me how furniture fits through doorways. Even old victorian sofas with long legs.

We had brought the matching chair to him so should have a completed pair in another month. It is weird to have the cushions so plumped and firm. We are all sitting half a foot taller and I can slide video cases under the sofa now that it is not sagging so much. It is sooooooo pretty.

Maddie got her first college acceptance letter today so that was a relief. Whitewater is only 20 minutes away and has good programs in biology and theater so things could work out. It feels like such a hurdle crossed.

I am still keeping a close watch on EBAY bidding on nurse dresses. Sheesh there are a lot of them, but most are naughty nurse dresses and not quite appropriate for the stage..at least not this one. One dress is closing tonight and if I get that one I will have enough for the show. I have been bidding against several of the same people on 5 different dresses so far and it feels like old home week seeing their logins.

Maddie's tennis team is in trouble. One of their varsity players was suspended last year for drug possesion and was not aware that she had athletic violations to make up. She has been playing all season and now the status of her games and maybe even the whole team is up in the air. They have had a really good year too. Glad Maddie and her partner are having fun this year. I feel bad for Molly. The athletic director should have caught it early. It is a shame.

Rehearsal tomorrow and I hope to get the last of the boys measured. I fixed a dress for our largest girl and hope it works. She is tough to fit. I brought a couple more home to shorten and hope I can do it without it looking too odd. I really would rather not cut anything off the dresses if I don't have to. I did find a beautiful suit that fits Ryan, our Elwood. I have most of the society ladies fitted with basic costumes too. I found a beautiful army uniform that fits one of the boys who will be in the bar. I hope the police shirt I just got on EBAY fits our rather large cop. Now all I need to do is find a pair of pants and sew some ribbon down the sides of them to make them look a little more coppish I am very short on overcoats though and may have to turn to my stash of trenchcoats for the boys. I won two nurse hats that are coming from England. I think that is my first EBAY win from England.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:33 AM, Blogger Brenda said…

    post a picture of the sofa!

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    LOL as soon as I locate my little digital I will... it seems to be buried under all this flotsam and jetsam

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    heh, I bet it's under the sofa.

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger Brenda said…

    i love you orbie. you make me feel right at home. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home