Warped
Finished the warp from hell this morning. Every now and then you get a warping that just will not go right... then you try to fix it and make another error. Well this one was particularly nasty.
I wound on the warp then waited several days for Maddie to help me pull the threads through the heddles. Normally she is very accurate, but she has been having a rough week... three tennis competitions, working, and rotten boyfriend leaving for college today.
I got the whole thing sleyed (pulled the warp through the reed) got started on my sample piece and found two errors where the thread had been pulled through both the front heddles. This screws up the pattern and so I had to take everything off and start over from those two places. Maddie helped me again the next night and when I went to sley it I found on warp thread through both a front and back heddle. That was fairly easy to fix. This morning I finished sleying the reed for the second time and again got to my sample weaving. Danged if I didn't find that I had missed a slot in the reed on one side and had to pull out a quarted of the threads again. It really takes a lot of self control when those things happen. I usually have to simply walk away from the loom for a while and cool off.
Maddie had a game this morning, but I knew she was feeling pretty upset about her supposed boyfriend leaving. Actually they pretty much have broken up, but she is hurting pretty bad. He was supposed to drop by the deli to say goodbye yesterday, but never showed up. I decided to take her to the movies. When she got home she was tired and took a nap, but we ended up going to see "Snakes on a Plane"
That was an excellent choice. I have absolutely no fear of snakes so I was not too worried about the horror factor. They did a great job though of freaking me out over and over again. Who knew there were so many horrible places you could get bit. The stretched the limit on snake behavior, but it was fun and when Samuel L Jackson said his famous "I want these motherfucking snakes off the motherfucking plane!" the audience cheered and clapped. It was great fun.
When we left the theater it was pouring rain. I do not run... so I got a little wet. We went to Goodwill though and I found a couple movies and two really great old grey industrial chairs that will work for the sanitarium in "Harvey"
One of the movies I found was a "Mystery Science Theater 3,000" episode called "The Pod People". Maddie and I laughed till we cried. It was a great distraction. Joel and his little robot friends are hysterical. And the movie was really terrible and dubbed as well.
Maddie just went to bed, but I am waiting for the time she finally takes off that special necklace. Love hurts!
I wound on the warp then waited several days for Maddie to help me pull the threads through the heddles. Normally she is very accurate, but she has been having a rough week... three tennis competitions, working, and rotten boyfriend leaving for college today.
I got the whole thing sleyed (pulled the warp through the reed) got started on my sample piece and found two errors where the thread had been pulled through both the front heddles. This screws up the pattern and so I had to take everything off and start over from those two places. Maddie helped me again the next night and when I went to sley it I found on warp thread through both a front and back heddle. That was fairly easy to fix. This morning I finished sleying the reed for the second time and again got to my sample weaving. Danged if I didn't find that I had missed a slot in the reed on one side and had to pull out a quarted of the threads again. It really takes a lot of self control when those things happen. I usually have to simply walk away from the loom for a while and cool off.
Maddie had a game this morning, but I knew she was feeling pretty upset about her supposed boyfriend leaving. Actually they pretty much have broken up, but she is hurting pretty bad. He was supposed to drop by the deli to say goodbye yesterday, but never showed up. I decided to take her to the movies. When she got home she was tired and took a nap, but we ended up going to see "Snakes on a Plane"
That was an excellent choice. I have absolutely no fear of snakes so I was not too worried about the horror factor. They did a great job though of freaking me out over and over again. Who knew there were so many horrible places you could get bit. The stretched the limit on snake behavior, but it was fun and when Samuel L Jackson said his famous "I want these motherfucking snakes off the motherfucking plane!" the audience cheered and clapped. It was great fun.
When we left the theater it was pouring rain. I do not run... so I got a little wet. We went to Goodwill though and I found a couple movies and two really great old grey industrial chairs that will work for the sanitarium in "Harvey"
One of the movies I found was a "Mystery Science Theater 3,000" episode called "The Pod People". Maddie and I laughed till we cried. It was a great distraction. Joel and his little robot friends are hysterical. And the movie was really terrible and dubbed as well.
Maddie just went to bed, but I am waiting for the time she finally takes off that special necklace. Love hurts!


6 Comments:
At 4:53 AM,
Brenda said…
watching a daughter hurt from a love relationship hurts almost as much as if it were your own. and watching them make some of the same mistakes you made is just as bad. she will find a new love and that pain will fade.
At 8:01 AM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
Exactly Spidey.... It is like watching a replay of your own life and not the fun part
At 5:29 PM,
Anonymous said…
My sunday school teacher from several years back had a saying that has stuck with me,,, when your children are little, they are on your hands,, when they get older, they are on your heart. We never outgrow our wishes or need to try to protect our kids from all manner of hurt- and as you both have said, their pain is your pain.
At 1:47 AM,
Meme said…
On the bright side when Maddies a famous artist/actress he is so going to kick himself
At 5:45 AM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
Yeah MUM... and I always knew she was way too good for him anyhow.
At 11:54 AM,
UrbanStarGazer said…
I told you long ago . . . she was way too cute for that kid.
Sorry, Maddie. Believe it or not, the pain will fade and you'll wonder why you were so upset!
Post a Comment
<< Home