Loom With A View

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

No Rehearsal Today

The middle school band is all set up for their concert tomorrow in the theater so we could not use the stage. We cannot use it tomorrow either so no rehearsal.

I stayed at school for a couple hours though and finished up some of the paperwork that needed to get done. I am having the kids write biographies and a little blub about why they like drama. I want to post thier pictures and bios in the lobby. It is something that I have wanted to do for ages, but never quite got organized. I have no idea why I am getting it done this year since I am more overworked than ever.

I took a mess of pictures at last nights rehearsal and have over half the cast and part of the crew done. I cut out little stars to put their pictures on and printed the photos in black and white. I was surprised at how few of our little divas gave me dramatic poses. Mostly all teeth and silly grins. I think I can finally tell the two little twins who do tech apart. Emily is the silly one. They are two tiny little special needs kids who work like the dickens and are the dearest little girls. We all love them to death. Puck has a pretty challenging crew this year. Two ED kids, 4 LD, and two tiny 6th grade girls. They seem to be getting the set done though.

On Monday our autistic actor was helping to clear the set at the end of rehearsal and he dropped my chair... the nice one I harvested from the curb for Alice in Wonderland. He snapped the front leg right off. I heard fearful actors telling someone to tell "Mrs. W that her chair got broke" They were pretty scared to tell me LOL. I guess I must be quite an ogre. Most of them thought it was my personal chair though. I got it glued together that night and put a screw in it for good measure (something I never would have done to my own chair)

Came home that night and made candles out of cardboard tubes, pantyhose, hotmelt glue and spraypaint. They turned out pretty cool and I brought a couple into school this morning just to prove that I do do something with all the crap I bring home.. They were impressed.

It is a little weird to be home with not much to do

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home