Loom With A View

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Snow Day!!!!!!

All that whining payed off and it is snowing like crazy outside. Puck got a call to sub this morning so I very dissapointedly got out of bed and got ready for school. I hopped on the computer which cut our phone line off from communication.

I had watched the news and our town did not show up.... I woke everyone else up at 6:30 to get ready and they both came down bleary eyed. I packed my lunch and drank my second cup of coffee. Got into the shower and was just soaping up when a knock came to the door. Not too unusual when three people are trying to get ready in the morning with only one bathroom available. Maddie came bursting in... still wearing the "Wicked" t-shirt she bought on her field trip to Chicago yesterday to see the play.

"Mom they just announced... we have no school!!!!!"
"Tell your dad to get off the computer" (as I am drying off) "Get me the call list, I am going to have to call the person who is supposed to call me and backtrack"

Maddie found my calling tree and I quick called... it took four dialings before I got it right... I finally found my glasses, but on top of that the kitchen phone is so old most of the numbers are worn off so it is difficult to see what you are dialing. I hope I didn't wake too many people up.

Finally got ahold of Lisa who told me she had tried to call, but the line was busy. I told her I would quick call Brenda, but she told me she had already done that. She is a good woman! Everyone else in the family went back to bed, but I had just enough coffee in me that I lay down on the couch for a while. The snow had stopped, but is now coming down with a vengence. We could get 10 inches... Thunder and lightning too.... it is cool... I hope my pictures turned out .

Like I mentioned earlier Maddie went on a field trip to Chicago to see Wicked ... grrrrrrrr. I spent the whole day being jealous of her. She splurged on the t-shirt, which is awesome... black T with the word Wicked in big white letters across the chest and a tiny green witch on a broom dotting the i. I was glad they made it home safe since she did not get in until 9:00

Rehearsal again yesterday. Getting a little better every time, but still a long way to go. Puck is missing a crew call today which is not good, but he hopes to do some work tomorrow after school. Missing today means we will have a rehearsal on Sunday to make up for time lost.

I am making some chili (I stocked up last night just as the storm was starting) I had some frozen tomatoes left from summer so they are stewing in the oven. It should taste good on a snowy day. We three have not all been together for quite some time

3 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger The Broards said…

    "Snow day"

    The two words every student and teacher longs to hear

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    we're supposed to have an ice storm this week end (of course, the weekend). I envy your snow day.

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    Sorry Rosa :( This one would have been slightly better if I had gotten the word before I packed my lunch and took my shower... but I still have not gotten dressed :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home