Saturday with Nanny McPhee
No rehearsal on Saturday because Rob convinced me that with a three day weekend kids would not show up. Puck went over to the theater to work and I was feeling guilty until one of his crew members rang the bell looking for him. That allowed me to repose guilt free. Maddie got home from the slumber party at noon, having had a wonderful time of course. They are a fun group of girls.
I had talked to Puck about going to see Nanny McPhee since it would be our last chance until the play was done to get to a movie. Maddie was up for it, but when Puck got back from the shop he was ready to veg. Mad and I went with his blessing though.
We stopped at Goodwill to look for a chorus girl costume for her for Kiss Me Kate. She tried on several nice pairs of shorts (they need to be a 50's style) and I convinced her to look for a shirt she could tie just under her bust for a middie look. They are singing "Too Darn Hot" and it is supposed to be between acts of Taming of the Shrew. It is a little bit of an odd choice since it is highly unlikely that actors would switch into their practice clothes between acts, but I am not the costumer. She found a great pair of black shorts and a cute little plaid sleeveless shirt. It was good to have that problem solved. I found a cute little amber stoppered bottle for my gypsies too.
we then went off to to the movie. What a beautifully colored film. It is almost indescribable. Both Maddie and I commented over and over again about the vivid colors used on the walls and clothing. The costumes were astounding. Emma Thompson was unrecognizable until she spoke. Even with the snaggle tooth her voice is difficult to disguise. The child actors were very good as well. The fat little baby was a hoot and the oldest boy has the the most haunting eyes. Handsome Colin Firth as the beleagured dad was charming. Derek Jacobi plays a very minor role in the movie, but is hysterical. Emma must have talked him into it. I kept remembering Claudius in his merry, fey, undertaker.
Overall the film was delightful... not overlong and so lovely to watch. I was not aware of the books it was based on so I cannot compare it to them, but we thoroughly enjoyed it.
Sunday was a long rehearsal 1:00 - 5:00 I started feeling crappy sunday morning and today I am home with a crappy cold. I would have gone to school if we had rehearsal tonight, but there is a band concert so I stayed home. No sense infecting the cast and we are in the home stretch now. Only three weeks till show time
I think I will go back to bed now
I had talked to Puck about going to see Nanny McPhee since it would be our last chance until the play was done to get to a movie. Maddie was up for it, but when Puck got back from the shop he was ready to veg. Mad and I went with his blessing though.
We stopped at Goodwill to look for a chorus girl costume for her for Kiss Me Kate. She tried on several nice pairs of shorts (they need to be a 50's style) and I convinced her to look for a shirt she could tie just under her bust for a middie look. They are singing "Too Darn Hot" and it is supposed to be between acts of Taming of the Shrew. It is a little bit of an odd choice since it is highly unlikely that actors would switch into their practice clothes between acts, but I am not the costumer. She found a great pair of black shorts and a cute little plaid sleeveless shirt. It was good to have that problem solved. I found a cute little amber stoppered bottle for my gypsies too.
we then went off to to the movie. What a beautifully colored film. It is almost indescribable. Both Maddie and I commented over and over again about the vivid colors used on the walls and clothing. The costumes were astounding. Emma Thompson was unrecognizable until she spoke. Even with the snaggle tooth her voice is difficult to disguise. The child actors were very good as well. The fat little baby was a hoot and the oldest boy has the the most haunting eyes. Handsome Colin Firth as the beleagured dad was charming. Derek Jacobi plays a very minor role in the movie, but is hysterical. Emma must have talked him into it. I kept remembering Claudius in his merry, fey, undertaker.
Overall the film was delightful... not overlong and so lovely to watch. I was not aware of the books it was based on so I cannot compare it to them, but we thoroughly enjoyed it.
Sunday was a long rehearsal 1:00 - 5:00 I started feeling crappy sunday morning and today I am home with a crappy cold. I would have gone to school if we had rehearsal tonight, but there is a band concert so I stayed home. No sense infecting the cast and we are in the home stretch now. Only three weeks till show time
I think I will go back to bed now


1 Comments:
At 9:14 PM,
UrbanStarGazer said…
Emma Thompson's real teeth are pretty snarly so she's probably used to talking with snaggleteeth.
What happens at the end???
Post a Comment
<< Home