Loom With A View

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunday

It has been cold cold cold.... temperatures below freezing and dangerous windchills. Cars started, but this morning the pipes in the bathroom were frozen... took a couple hours to thaw them. Threw one load of laundry into the dryer and got a second one going in the washer and went to rehearsal.

We will have rehearsal almost every day from now on. We were missing quite a few kids which made the rehearsal tough and they are a chatty group so Rob and I needed to hollar at them way too often to keep quiet backstage. Puck came in to work on the set and told me that the washer drain had clogged and dumped water all over the basement. He had spent half an hour sucking it up (sigh)

The high school was rehearsing before us and we cordially stayed in the lobby until they were done at 3:00. Just as we were trying to get started the assistant director came up to me and asked me where they could put their costumes. I had sent an e-mail to the director earlier laying everything out and she told me she would pass the information along. Apparently it did not get passed!. I told Stacy that since we were the next play in there we had the two wardrobes after us the elementary school would have them. The High SChool had them last. I also told her that since we had 44 kids in the show that we would be needing all the space in both wardrobes until all the band concerts were done. The two big rolling clothes racks could not be used for storage either since we would need them during the show.

The band uses the dressing rooms to store cases during concerts so the dressing rooms are not safe storage areas even though they are locked up. She then asked me about another wardrobe and I told her as far as I knew the rest of the wardrobes were storage for the high school and she was free to rearrange them as she saw fit.

When I went back to look for a costume prop I saw that they had taken all the hangers out of one of the HS wardrobes and tossed them willy nilly onto the floor of one of the wardrobes. I was might pissed. there were perhaps 50 wire hangers entangled all over my props on the floor and eventually I discovered that they were covering the prop I was seeking. I would not have minded them moving the hangers into our wardrobe, but to be so inconsiderate was frustrating.

I saw the director later as I was locking up and told her how frustrated I was. She gave me a good front, but I know her better and no one will ever hear about it from her. I may have to send another e-mail to their costumer.

And to top it all off Puck went and got pizza and instead of green olives they put green peppers on the dang thing... Sheesh

I am in a growly mood

1 Comments:

  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    He swears he said green olives, but interestingly he said it tasted great!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home