Down Memory Lane
Started off the day very close to error.
I got dressed in the semi dark that is my morning and as I was sitting at the edge of the bed putting on my second sock I realized to my horror that I had put my pants on inside out.... if I had put my socks on first I might not have noticed at all. Really dodged an embarassment bullet there. sooooooo close :)
Spent most of the day at work in a quiet lab trying to recover and reconstruct my blog. I had copied and pasted most of the months into word documents already, but the first few months were not available in full.
I uploaded my backed up blogs to my school account and set about finding what was missing and putting back in all the comments I could. It was very interesting reading back through 2003 and the end of 2004. It really put into perspective my motivations for continuing this blog and documenting my world. There were some very tough times in those years that I again thank my friends here for helping me get through.
I laughed again at some of the comments and missed some old names that used to blog with us. I may re-post the one blog about how we got started here or there or on the shelf or whatever it was. The stories were wonderful from everyone. The only sad part was the loss of the pictures from the old site. My backup just has the url's which apparently lead to nowhere now.
the other thing I found is that I am a terrible speller and should have spell checked all of them LOL
had to run rehearsal all by myself as my co-director had a dental appointment. I sort of rushed the rehearsal a little and only did a little bit of blocking. It was our first day off book and the kids did pretty well all things considered. We lost another major character too! Neither Rob or I were too sorry to see her go. She has a tendency to be rather noisy. A good actress, but a social butterfly. She will be fine once she can mature a little. They can take care of that in High School.
The girl we got to replace her stepped very naturally into the role and I think she will work out just fine. She, too is suffering a little with grades, but I think now that she has a bigger part she will work harder.
Went to Goodwill and found a small end table for the telephone to sit on (Had a 30% off coupon) and one peasant blouse for a gypsy. All in all a fairly productive day.
it was a bitterly cold one though.
I got dressed in the semi dark that is my morning and as I was sitting at the edge of the bed putting on my second sock I realized to my horror that I had put my pants on inside out.... if I had put my socks on first I might not have noticed at all. Really dodged an embarassment bullet there. sooooooo close :)
Spent most of the day at work in a quiet lab trying to recover and reconstruct my blog. I had copied and pasted most of the months into word documents already, but the first few months were not available in full.
I uploaded my backed up blogs to my school account and set about finding what was missing and putting back in all the comments I could. It was very interesting reading back through 2003 and the end of 2004. It really put into perspective my motivations for continuing this blog and documenting my world. There were some very tough times in those years that I again thank my friends here for helping me get through.
I laughed again at some of the comments and missed some old names that used to blog with us. I may re-post the one blog about how we got started here or there or on the shelf or whatever it was. The stories were wonderful from everyone. The only sad part was the loss of the pictures from the old site. My backup just has the url's which apparently lead to nowhere now.
the other thing I found is that I am a terrible speller and should have spell checked all of them LOL
had to run rehearsal all by myself as my co-director had a dental appointment. I sort of rushed the rehearsal a little and only did a little bit of blocking. It was our first day off book and the kids did pretty well all things considered. We lost another major character too! Neither Rob or I were too sorry to see her go. She has a tendency to be rather noisy. A good actress, but a social butterfly. She will be fine once she can mature a little. They can take care of that in High School.
The girl we got to replace her stepped very naturally into the role and I think she will work out just fine. She, too is suffering a little with grades, but I think now that she has a bigger part she will work harder.
Went to Goodwill and found a small end table for the telephone to sit on (Had a 30% off coupon) and one peasant blouse for a gypsy. All in all a fairly productive day.
it was a bitterly cold one though.


6 Comments:
At 4:36 PM,
Anonymous said…
The same thing happened with me when I re-loaded my backed up blog entries, Lorie; the JPGS and links all just turned into computer stuff leading nowhere in particular. I'm not going to worry much about it, either; the only one who cares to go that far back is me, on my own blog.
At 7:33 PM,
Sonya said…
Orb, shouldn't all your pictures be on your hard drive in your computer? Just because you uploaded them to the site doesn't mean they shouldn't still be on your local machine. If they are, then you can reload them sometime!
At 8:13 PM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
Oh yes I have them stuffed someplace on discs and other things ... It would just take a while to find everything again and Like Kath says probably not really worth the effort. Once I finally get all the text sorted out though I am going to burn a copy of the dang thing onto a CD since I can do that at school now and it sounds a little like my computer is dyings a slow and wheezing death
At 8:27 AM,
Meme said…
I don't think of myself as a bad speller I think of it as alternative spelling.
I haven't been back to my blog ,The past is another county they do things differently there,and I am a xenophobe
At 10:28 AM,
Anonymous said…
Like Mums I have abandoned my old content and have started from scratch.
At 3:10 PM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
I breathe therfore I must catagorize and catalogue.... It is in my bones I fear
Post a Comment
<< Home