Loom With A View

Friday, June 01, 2012

Update and a pic

Well here we are celebrating after Maddie's Graduation. That is my stepmom Jan on the left. Maddie is all moved into the Convent in Spring Green and is enjoying her job very much. We still have much of her stuff in bins scattered around the house, but are slowly finding places to put it. The day before we went up to the Graduation Maddie called to tell me that her boyfriend Nate proposed and she said yes. They have no plans to wed in the near future however, which is ok with me. I have enough trouble getting used to the idea of her being engaged LOL
Only two days left of school. Today was a weird day. My boss is busy learning to be principal and it was a finals day so I was all alone the whole day in our building. It is the old school gymnasium and they do senior exercising in the morning until 9:00 but after that there was not a soul in the building. I was feeling a little creeped out so I locked the front door. No one was supposed to come in, but that would make it official. I finally got so spooked I turned on the television in the other room and watched and listened to that while I straightened book shelves and dinked around on the computer. The room with the TV is not my main room so it was a little weird being in there, but I ended up watching some show called Mystery in the museum, about all sorts of weird artifacts, and incidents. That was great and I learned all sorts of stuff that I cannot recall at the moment.
Puck has been busy in the garden and has gotten his tomatoes planted. I have been rolling and needling and felting balls like a maniac... My first show is the 24th of June and I don't know where I will find the time to get everything done. I am going to try and get warped up over the weekend so I can get started weaving again too.
Oh I didn't get the library job (boo hiss) they gave it to someone they knew better. I really was better qualified and I thought I did ok in the interview. I got the call the following Monday (I had taken the day off to get Maddie settled in Spring Green) after I was told I lost the job I also got the information that I would also not be working at Alternative next year, that I am going back to the Middle School. Sheesh I feel like whenever I get good at anything they jerk me around. I think Phill (my boss and the new principal at the Middle School) did his best though to keep me working with him and I appreciate his support. I am not quite certain what I will be doing, but I think it will be supervising kids in a relaxed environment with media. We shall see how it all shakes out next year. People seem to be happy that I am coming back so that is good. I sort of feel like Sally Field " you like me, you really like me"
I am trying to go with the flow and am getting adjusted slowly to the idea of a big move again. It will make directing the high school play a little more difficult, but Phill assured me that he will help as much as possible in helping me get that done.
Well that is the news from here :)

1 Comments:

  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger mavis sidebottom said…

    from lego to engagement blimey time flies I ccant wait to see her wedding dress cos I know its going to be fabulously quuirky and pure maddie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home