Loom With A View

Friday, August 13, 2010

Yes Spidey I am alive :) Thanks for asking

OK other than going to physical therapy not much is going on here. I have lots of stretching exercises that I keep trying to do. I have been pretty good about getting them done, but apparently have reached a plateau in my mobility that could be permanent. The strength is still very low in my arm.

Just last week was the first time I was able to disconnect the dishwasher from the water faucet so I am getting stronger, but it is so slow.

I finally am able to do some weaving. Still mostly one handed, but I have a show this Saturday and damn the torpedoes! I am warped up with purple and have gotten 12 rugs woven now.

We went to another play last night at American Players Theater. It is outside and the weather was hot and muggy. The play was "The Circle" by Somerset Maughm. It was good, but geez the guy just does not like women very much.

Maddie is busy getting ready to go back to school.. She is moving off campus this year so we need to bring up furniture this year. We had a beautiful old iron bed that needed a lot of work. she sanded it down and painted it. She made a chair out of an old suitcase and is just finishing it tonight. She also built a rough table for the boyfriend (such a girlfriend) and painted the logo of his marshal arts deally on it. It is giving her great points with the boys in the house.

It is a little weird to be sharing Mike's hard lime aid with her, but all is pretty good.

just trying to stay cool is what we are mostly doing and hoping I sell a lot at the show.

School starts in only a couple weeks. I hope my arm is ready for it.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger vq said…

    So great to hear from you!

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Brenda said…

    hi again! wish your arm was feeling better.

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Rosary said…

    Good luck with the show!

    And best of luck to Maddie at school this year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home