Slowly getting back
Although I still have to reach over and grab the mouse with my left hand, transfer it to my right and use it on my knee, things are definitely improving. Last trip to the doctor said the incisions were healing well and I should start physical therapy.
I see the doc next on July 2. The pain pills are pretty good. I have had less pain in the actual shoulder than lower on my forearm. I had some numbness there which has turned into something that feels like a burn. It is bothersome, but if I can finally get my range of motion back I will make that trade.
I can write a little bit now too if the angle is good. I still cannot raise my arm above elbow height.
I have been sleeping on the couch all this time and that is getting old in a family of night owls. I may try sleeping in my own bed soon. I can only sleep on my left side though and have yet to sleep through the night.
OK enough of the whining. Physical therapy is going pretty well. The exercises are pretty minimal. We just started wall walking which is tough.
Maddie of course is back from Europe, had a great time, and broke up with her boyfriend of 4 years. She is fine, he is not. She grew up a lot and I think she found that she was looking for more maturity and less worship.
She met a new young man during the trip and he come down to visit a couple times. Nice young man and older than she is.
I have my first show next weekend and as usual am freaking out about it. It makes it twice as difficult when I cannot do anything and can only order people around.
We had to buy a new van. Our mechanic said it was not worth putting any money into the old one Puck shopped for it and is picking it up today. It will be nice to have one whose doors all work and whose left turn signal functions. It will be interesting figuring out how to get all my crap packed up in it.
Oh some of you heard about my brush with fame rug wise. Country Living magazine chose three of my rugs for a project they were doing on an environmentally conscious home. Unfortunately they loved the rugs, but found they were too small for the space. I knew there was always a chance they would not be able to use them, but it was disappointing anyhow. Maybe something will come of it though... you never know.
Well that seems to be all the typing my arm can take. It is good to be back. Thanks again for all your good wishes. It helps
I see the doc next on July 2. The pain pills are pretty good. I have had less pain in the actual shoulder than lower on my forearm. I had some numbness there which has turned into something that feels like a burn. It is bothersome, but if I can finally get my range of motion back I will make that trade.
I can write a little bit now too if the angle is good. I still cannot raise my arm above elbow height.
I have been sleeping on the couch all this time and that is getting old in a family of night owls. I may try sleeping in my own bed soon. I can only sleep on my left side though and have yet to sleep through the night.
OK enough of the whining. Physical therapy is going pretty well. The exercises are pretty minimal. We just started wall walking which is tough.
Maddie of course is back from Europe, had a great time, and broke up with her boyfriend of 4 years. She is fine, he is not. She grew up a lot and I think she found that she was looking for more maturity and less worship.
She met a new young man during the trip and he come down to visit a couple times. Nice young man and older than she is.
I have my first show next weekend and as usual am freaking out about it. It makes it twice as difficult when I cannot do anything and can only order people around.
We had to buy a new van. Our mechanic said it was not worth putting any money into the old one
Oh some of you heard about my brush with fame rug wise. Country Living magazine chose three of my rugs for a project they were doing on an environmentally conscious home. Unfortunately they loved the rugs, but found they were too small for the space. I knew there was always a chance they would not be able to use them, but it was disappointing anyhow. Maybe something will come of it though... you never know.
Well that seems to be all the typing my arm can take. It is good to be back. Thanks again for all your good wishes. It helps


5 Comments:
At 5:03 PM,
Catz said…
Glad you're out and about. Take care and get well soon.
At 7:13 AM,
Brenda said…
nice to hear from you again. good luck with the therapy.
At 8:34 AM,
Rosary said…
Good luck with the PT! Hope things get a bit easier!
At 5:19 PM,
Brenda said…
missing your updates on your blog!
At 5:58 PM,
Brenda said…
update?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Post a Comment
<< Home