TV Star Ha!
after I sent out my mass mailing plea for people to forward my ETSY site on to friends and family I got an e-mail from a local Madison TV station. One of my friends works there and gave them my contact information and they want to do a little feature on my business :) YIPPEEE! The show is called "Buzzed into Madison" and we just confirmed a date in December.
I am nervous and after looking at her other stories I am pretty sure she will want to see my studio YIKES! I have four weeks to straighten up that room enough that someone could get into it and not scream with fright at the artist at work!
I do a great deal of my work throughout my house so my rag cutting goes on in the living room along with the filleting of shirts, pants, and sheets. My scary scary basement holds bins and bins of rags. I hope to heavens she does not want to see those or at least she will allow me to do some editing of the mess.
Most of my rugs spend the winter down there as well although now I have some upstairs as well and we are still trying to work out a system for storage.
I am headed up to River Falls this weekend to the theater alumni picnic and to see Maddie's play. It will be great to see old friends again. Puck has to work so I will be driving alone. Not something I love to do, but it will be daylight driving so not so bad.
Otherwise... two people have bumped, but one of the bumpees came over to our building to see how we do our jobs. She is looking at the office or Time out position, both of which could come back to bite me. Ah Well... I should look at it like a door opening instead of an oncoming train. I tend toward the negative however that way I can be pleasantly surprised
My Father in Law needs to have his gall bladder removed, but first they need to get an infection under control. He is home and my nephew and niece are going to stay with him for the next couple weeks. They are good kids. My sister in law is coming to stay with him during the surgery. I wish we were closer.
It is getting cold and I just turned the heat on to take the chill off. I better get back down to my felting so that is all for now
I am nervous and after looking at her other stories I am pretty sure she will want to see my studio YIKES! I have four weeks to straighten up that room enough that someone could get into it and not scream with fright at the artist at work!
I do a great deal of my work throughout my house so my rag cutting goes on in the living room along with the filleting of shirts, pants, and sheets. My scary scary basement holds bins and bins of rags. I hope to heavens she does not want to see those or at least she will allow me to do some editing of the mess.
Most of my rugs spend the winter down there as well although now I have some upstairs as well and we are still trying to work out a system for storage.
I am headed up to River Falls this weekend to the theater alumni picnic and to see Maddie's play. It will be great to see old friends again. Puck has to work so I will be driving alone. Not something I love to do, but it will be daylight driving so not so bad.
Otherwise... two people have bumped, but one of the bumpees came over to our building to see how we do our jobs. She is looking at the office or Time out position, both of which could come back to bite me. Ah Well... I should look at it like a door opening instead of an oncoming train. I tend toward the negative however that way I can be pleasantly surprised
My Father in Law needs to have his gall bladder removed, but first they need to get an infection under control. He is home and my nephew and niece are going to stay with him for the next couple weeks. They are good kids. My sister in law is coming to stay with him during the surgery. I wish we were closer.
It is getting cold and I just turned the heat on to take the chill off. I better get back down to my felting so that is all for now


6 Comments:
At 6:42 PM,
Brenda said…
that is wonderful about the tv spot, and just imagine the rugs you may sell from it. fantastic!!!! you better get your inventory ready for an onslaught.
At 7:03 PM,
Sonya said…
That's such good news about the news. Don't worry; it will be fine. Maybe you could bring up some of the bins so she can see them without having to go into the basement?
I'm proud of you!
At 5:34 AM,
Anonymous said…
i'm so happy for you. this could be a good turn-around for you. it's hard to stop worrying about your job, but you can't kill yourself over it. life will go on and on.
love,
jilly
At 6:36 AM,
mavis sidebottom said…
You had better Youtube it so that I can see
At 6:58 AM,
Anonymous said…
That's cool. (humming I told you so to myself ;-) )
At 7:56 AM,
Anonymous said…
Thankyou all for your kind support. I am very excited and have started the Herculean task of cleaning out my own Aegean Stable!
Lori
Post a Comment
<< Home