Frustrating Weekend
Spent almost my whole weekend trying to photograph rugs and wool balls to put into ETSY. I was trying to get some smaller rugs in and I have recently made some new colors of felt balls and needed to update my pictures. The problem I am having is getting true color. I don't have that problem when I photograph outdoors, but indoors is a whole other ball game.
I could not find the manual for my camera, and I was trying to follow the FAQ that ETSY had on their website with tips for White Balance and EV and stuff. I shot a whole bag of rugs... opened up the pictures and every one of them was off. If I wasn't shaking too much the color was goofy.
I almost took them outside, but it will be winter soon and that will be impractical. At my most frustrated though a lovely little message popped up on G-mail that I had made a sale. Even better it was to Friend Pete, God Bless 'im. It was nice to take a break and get those packed up.
Today I started all over again and managed to figure out the camera. I set up a tripod too to compensate for my shakiness. Much better results. The rest of the day has been spent putting a few rugs in and updating pictures. I should thank Duckymama too for her purchase earlier this week.
In between my computer work I got a call from my brother in law telling me that my father in law is in the hospital. He had chest pains and came close to blacking out. Puck called him and he sounded ok, but weak. It sounded like they were going to release him tomorrow though and my nephew is keeping an eye on him. He goes to college in Bemidji so is pretty close to Dad.
The rest of us are far away which makes it tough. He is 86 and living alone, but he has a pretty good network of friends up there. I hope he is ok.
Tomorrow the most senior of support staff claims she will make her decision. She only has till Wednesday anyhow, but it would be nice to get the ball rolling one way or another. The tension is getting to all of us. We shall see.
I could not find the manual for my camera, and I was trying to follow the FAQ that ETSY had on their website with tips for White Balance and EV and stuff. I shot a whole bag of rugs... opened up the pictures and every one of them was off. If I wasn't shaking too much the color was goofy.
I almost took them outside, but it will be winter soon and that will be impractical. At my most frustrated though a lovely little message popped up on G-mail that I had made a sale. Even better it was to Friend Pete, God Bless 'im. It was nice to take a break and get those packed up.
Today I started all over again and managed to figure out the camera. I set up a tripod too to compensate for my shakiness. Much better results. The rest of the day has been spent putting a few rugs in and updating pictures. I should thank Duckymama too for her purchase earlier this week.
In between my computer work I got a call from my brother in law telling me that my father in law is in the hospital. He had chest pains and came close to blacking out. Puck called him and he sounded ok, but weak. It sounded like they were going to release him tomorrow though and my nephew is keeping an eye on him. He goes to college in Bemidji so is pretty close to Dad.
The rest of us are far away which makes it tough. He is 86 and living alone, but he has a pretty good network of friends up there. I hope he is ok.
Tomorrow the most senior of support staff claims she will make her decision. She only has till Wednesday anyhow, but it would be nice to get the ball rolling one way or another. The tension is getting to all of us. We shall see.


3 Comments:
At 8:00 PM,
Jilly said…
they've announced bad things for fine arts and other elective teachers here for next year. people are getting antsy.
i showed your site to a few freinds at work who buy a lot of stuff off etsy, so i hope you make a sale that way. they really liked your stuff, and loved maddie's talent.
i hope you fil does better. my guy's grandfather is 95ish and lives alone and does fine. he's a nice man, but is really starting to be out-of-touch and calls all women "sweetheart."
jilly
At 8:15 PM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
Thanks Jilly*** Dad is getting hard of hearing, but refuses to either admit it or deal with it. It gets frustrating trying to have a conversation with him. Many in the family tried to get him online, but he never has. It would make communication so much easier.
good luck to your friends at school. It makes for a difficult atmosphere that's for sure
At 11:43 AM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
first one down was not me, but the library support. She is below me so that mean only four more to go at minimum
Post a Comment
<< Home