Frozen to the core
Spent the afternoon standing outside handing out Butter Braids for the Choir Teacher. It is their big fundraiser and the breads come in frozen. She has to make certain that they all get picked up the day they come in... it is all very scientific. Well it was a perfect day for frozen delivery, but after standing outside from 3:00 to 5:30 I am not even close to thawing out.
As to life... things are back to crappy around here. Puck needs to have all his upper teeth pulled to make way for a full upper plate. He has been procrastinating about the whole process and I can't really blame him, but lately he has been barely able to chew anything.
He lost two days of bartending a week to some bimbo which frustrates the hell out of him. He is a great bartender, but he keeps getting bumped by bosoms (not in a good way) Apparently the owners think the bosoms will bring in customers. They never seem to stick around though and inevitably are bad bartenders who just flirt.
Well that cuts into our finances considerably... Then we get an e-mail from the superintendent that 500,000 dollars needs to be cut from the budget in 2009-10 and much of it will come from support staff. It is all a little too depressing to even thing about.
Then I get an "we all miss you at church" message on my answering machine from the new pastor.... I was raised Catholic so I am well familiar with guilt.
I still don't think I am ready to go back
I need to concentrate on weaving rugs and see if I can organize myself to get some pictures on that Etsy website to see if I can sell some rugs and balls online.... I hate when life gets complicated.
As to life... things are back to crappy around here. Puck needs to have all his upper teeth pulled to make way for a full upper plate. He has been procrastinating about the whole process and I can't really blame him, but lately he has been barely able to chew anything.
He lost two days of bartending a week to some bimbo which frustrates the hell out of him. He is a great bartender, but he keeps getting bumped by bosoms (not in a good way) Apparently the owners think the bosoms will bring in customers. They never seem to stick around though and inevitably are bad bartenders who just flirt.
Well that cuts into our finances considerably... Then we get an e-mail from the superintendent that 500,000 dollars needs to be cut from the budget in 2009-10 and much of it will come from support staff. It is all a little too depressing to even thing about.
Then I get an "we all miss you at church" message on my answering machine from the new pastor.... I was raised Catholic so I am well familiar with guilt.
I still don't think I am ready to go back
I need to concentrate on weaving rugs and see if I can organize myself to get some pictures on that Etsy website to see if I can sell some rugs and balls online.... I hate when life gets complicated.


9 Comments:
At 8:12 PM,
vq said…
Sorry things are icky right now. I hate those rough spells, but they seem unavoidable.
They do always pass, though.
At 9:30 AM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
Thanks for your good thoughts Verb. Puck did get an appointment for the the tooth extravaganza... he talked to his dad and found out that his dad had exactly the same procedure done a while ago. Puck had had no idea that his dad had a full upper plate.
Puck also went out looking for work and got a job at the local bowling ally Better than getting the job was hearing from the guy that "he was a great bartender and that he admired his skill and was anxious to have him start"
I think Puck really needed the boost of good cheer right now.
At 10:55 AM,
longhair75 said…
Friend Orbie,
I have had an upper plate for seventeen years. I wouldn't have my real teeth back under any circumstances. Tell Puck to get off the dime.
At 11:00 AM,
longhair75 said…
A few years ago, I was stopped at the mall by an older lady conducting a survey. She asked me what kind of toothpaste I used. Sunflower heard the question and kept on walking. I told the woman that I really had no time, but that I didn't use toothpaste. She held her hand out towards me (palm up) and said: "Surely you use some sort of toothpaste!" I gently grasped her hand a spit my upper denture into her palm. "No," I said, "I don't use toothpaste." I picked my plate up off of her palm and put it back in my mouth and walked away. Five minutes later, the lady was still standing there, in shock, staring at her palm.
At 11:32 AM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
LOL my friend and thanks for the encouragement
At 3:40 PM,
Anonymous said…
hoping that good things are coming soon.
At 7:21 PM,
UrbanStarGazer said…
That all sucks. But hopefully it will be one of those work-out-for-the-better things.
At 4:27 PM,
Rosary said…
Tell Puck Congrats on the bowling alley gig. Bowlers are cool people. Will he get free bowling???
At 11:52 AM,
Clank Napper said…
I am so glad Puck found a new job...and hope no new bosoms get in his way.
I am starting to have teeth problems due to the fact I grind my teeth at night when stressed (mostly always!)..I will be interested to see how he gets on :o)
Post a Comment
<< Home