The King and I
http://dramamamaforever.blogspot.com/
here is a link to blog I had to create in order to show my pictures to another theater Group
Puck only got 400 dollars budget to build the whole set for the King and I... I have been trying to stay out of it as much as possible.
Last night the stage crew was careless and dropped the spiral dictionary stand which is plaster and made from a very large lamp we picked up from someones curb. Puck was very bummed and ready to scrap it, but I think I came up with a solution using glue and plaster craft to patch it up... time will tell
I painted some depth onto the rock wall he made and helped him untangle some foliage
I might loan some peacock feathers to brighten up the set... The peacock chair is one I scrounged from the neighbor across the street's trash and also the wicker basket in Anna's room... Her mosquito netting is from our bed. The bed frame Puck found in the trash too.
The two pillars on the dictionary stand are parts of a cool curtain rod I found at Goodwill and spent too much money on... A whole $10 dollars... we will be keeping those though
here is a link to blog I had to create in order to show my pictures to another theater Group
Puck only got 400 dollars budget to build the whole set for the King and I... I have been trying to stay out of it as much as possible.
Last night the stage crew was careless and dropped the spiral dictionary stand which is plaster and made from a very large lamp we picked up from someones curb. Puck was very bummed and ready to scrap it, but I think I came up with a solution using glue and plaster craft to patch it up... time will tell
I painted some depth onto the rock wall he made and helped him untangle some foliage
I might loan some peacock feathers to brighten up the set... The peacock chair is one I scrounged from the neighbor across the street's trash and also the wicker basket in Anna's room... Her mosquito netting is from our bed. The bed frame Puck found in the trash too.
The two pillars on the dictionary stand are parts of a cool curtain rod I found at Goodwill and spent too much money on... A whole $10 dollars... we will be keeping those though


4 Comments:
At 6:31 PM,
Anonymous said…
Those pics are awesome. Do you want that site on our blogroll? I created a blog today for our little drama club, too. Nothing as exciting as yours, just a note asking for old sheets to dye.
Today we did the human machine and an activity where they had to convey a certain phrase, using just the word "blah". It was a blast. Thanks again for your help.
At 4:16 AM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
oh The blah one sounds good and sure it can go on the blogroll... glad the ideas were helpful :)
At 7:21 PM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
so what is the address for your blog?
did you try freecycle for finding sheets?
At 1:23 PM,
UrbanStarGazer said…
Wow!
Post a Comment
<< Home