Still keeping busy
I have newly discovered the online part of our local library and have been putting in requests for movies. I think I have about 15 requests in right now and they have been coming in about one per day. We have been spending our days watching movies, cutting rags, rushing chairs and beading.
Watched The Prestige (very interesting), Kinky Boots (love love loved it), The Lakehouse (liked that too) Prairie Home Companion (enjoyed it despite my problems with Garrison), Date Movie (hated it), Little Miss Sunshine (adored it)
The guy picked up two of his chairs and dropped off two more so Puck has been busy with that. I have been sewing rags and pricing balls and cutting rags. I need to start cleaning up. I am hosting our bunco club party next thursday and most of them have never been here. Maddie has been beading and finally finished her last bead project last night. (see pictures below)
Monday I had lunch with some girlfriends to celebrate one's graduation from college. She has worked so hard and we are so proud of her. We had lunch at the Olive Garden. I stopped and picked up some balloons so I could embarrass her a little and she seemed to like it. We had a rollicking good time.
Yesterday Maddie and I went to dentist for a cleaning and Maddie had her first cavity :( It was a little one though so they got it filled right away. They also reccommend her wisdom teeth come out next summer. Oh Goody!
Now Maddie and I are just counting the minutes till the HP books are delivered. I think we will go insane if they don't come on Saturday.
It is very hot and humid here and we are pretty well holed up in the nice air conditioned house. Puck is off to pick up another of the movies (it is kind of fun wondering which it will be) and tomorrow is the library booksale so we need to get up early and stand in line... that is always fun. It is always the same book collectors waiting and greeting each other. Puck said they deaccesioned most of their video cassettes so that should be fun. I need to create a list of what the heck we own so I don't duplicate too much.
Watched The Prestige (very interesting), Kinky Boots (love love loved it), The Lakehouse (liked that too) Prairie Home Companion (enjoyed it despite my problems with Garrison), Date Movie (hated it), Little Miss Sunshine (adored it)
The guy picked up two of his chairs and dropped off two more so Puck has been busy with that. I have been sewing rags and pricing balls and cutting rags. I need to start cleaning up. I am hosting our bunco club party next thursday and most of them have never been here. Maddie has been beading and finally finished her last bead project last night. (see pictures below)
Monday I had lunch with some girlfriends to celebrate one's graduation from college. She has worked so hard and we are so proud of her. We had lunch at the Olive Garden. I stopped and picked up some balloons so I could embarrass her a little and she seemed to like it. We had a rollicking good time.
Yesterday Maddie and I went to dentist for a cleaning and Maddie had her first cavity :( It was a little one though so they got it filled right away. They also reccommend her wisdom teeth come out next summer. Oh Goody!
Now Maddie and I are just counting the minutes till the HP books are delivered. I think we will go insane if they don't come on Saturday.
It is very hot and humid here and we are pretty well holed up in the nice air conditioned house. Puck is off to pick up another of the movies (it is kind of fun wondering which it will be) and tomorrow is the library booksale so we need to get up early and stand in line... that is always fun. It is always the same book collectors waiting and greeting each other. Puck said they deaccesioned most of their video cassettes so that should be fun. I need to create a list of what the heck we own so I don't duplicate too much.


5 Comments:
At 4:21 PM,
Anonymous said…
good luck making a list and cleaning up
jilly
At 5:17 AM,
Anonymous said…
sounds like a very relaxed summer and maddies beading is beautiful!
At 8:12 AM,
UrbanStarGazer said…
I really liked The Lakehouse as well. Of course, the movie-star love of my life was in it but, that had no influence on me. I liked that it wasn't super sunshiney sappy and was a little dark.
At 10:36 AM,
Anonymous said…
I knew you would like Kinky boots
At 11:14 AM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
I think it was you who mentioned Kinky Boots a while ago and I tried to find a copy of it on EBAY with no success... I was amazed when Puck brought it home from our local tiny library.. I think I shall have to own a copy of that wonderful film
Post a Comment
<< Home