Still Busy
in between cutting rags and felting balls I have accomplished a few other things.
Thanks Urban for all the sheets. they will be wonderful in rugs.
I finished the last of my wool last night so should be able to felt the end of the balls today.
On Tuesday Puck and Maddie and I went to our second play at Spring Green. This time the weather was lovely and cool with a nice breeze. I even was able to walk up the hill without sitting down for a rest. We saw "Much Ado About Nothing" and it was a terrific production. They set the play in the Napoleonic era and Don John had the loveliest cream wool great coat that both Maddie and I drooled over. We had supper with our friend Michael just before the show so got a chance for a brief visit too. His hats in the show were great. We happened to be there on a night when after the show the cast comes out for a question and answer period. That is always fun. It is interesting to hear some of the questions. One person asked if the actors had any say in the design of the set. I could hear Puck sniggering at that and all the actors on stage sort of giggled. When the question was repeated the actor who played Don John dryly said "uh no!"
We got home a little after midnight
Wednesday morning I took Maddie to get her physical and shots for college then we were off to see HP. My friend Jean had gotten tickets so we were all set for the noon show. While we were at the doctors a friend of Maddie's called to see if he could get a ride. He is a former exchange student from Portugal who is visiting his host family for the month. I was a little worried that he would not be able to get a ticket, but we found directions to his house and picked him up. We got to the theater about 45 minutes early so he had no problem getting his ticket.
Maddie's boyfriend was in the lobby waiting for her and Jean had already been in and saved us seats. I really enjoyed the movie and so did Puck and Maddie. Andre was a little dissapointed in the things that were left out. Jean had just re-read the book so much was fresh in her mind and I think she too was dissapointed in the large parts that were cut from the story. I didn't really see any disasterous cuts although they never spent much time at the Black house and I think that will make the next film more difficult to understand. I would have liked to see more of Tunks as well. she was cute. I loved the way Luna was portrayed. It was a different characterization than I had imagined when reading the story originally, but I really liked the little actress that played her and she came off more quietly wise than dotty. And I would kill for those radish earrings.
The Thestrals were cool, especially the little meat eating foal.
We had planned on running a few errands after the movie, but Andre had no means of getting home so we brought him home and set to errands. Puck rushing a chair, Maddie beading a bear for her tipi and me winding wool balls.
Last rendezvous 12 miniature tipis were given to select people to decorate over the year. I think Andy (The guy who runs the rendezvous) got them at the American Girl sale. He proposed a decorating contest and those that wanted to enter put their names in a hat. Maddie was one of the winners.
As I was cleaning for the graduation party a month ago I found a bag next to the china cupboard, pulled it out and said "Oh Shit" We had forgotten all about it. She got a postcard from Andy reminding her when they were due and so is now working rather feverishily to complete it.
It looks like a beautiful morning so I think I will have a cup of coffee on the porch swing
Thanks Urban for all the sheets. they will be wonderful in rugs.
I finished the last of my wool last night so should be able to felt the end of the balls today.
On Tuesday Puck and Maddie and I went to our second play at Spring Green. This time the weather was lovely and cool with a nice breeze. I even was able to walk up the hill without sitting down for a rest. We saw "Much Ado About Nothing" and it was a terrific production. They set the play in the Napoleonic era and Don John had the loveliest cream wool great coat that both Maddie and I drooled over. We had supper with our friend Michael just before the show so got a chance for a brief visit too. His hats in the show were great. We happened to be there on a night when after the show the cast comes out for a question and answer period. That is always fun. It is interesting to hear some of the questions. One person asked if the actors had any say in the design of the set. I could hear Puck sniggering at that and all the actors on stage sort of giggled. When the question was repeated the actor who played Don John dryly said "uh no!"
We got home a little after midnight
Wednesday morning I took Maddie to get her physical and shots for college then we were off to see HP. My friend Jean had gotten tickets so we were all set for the noon show. While we were at the doctors a friend of Maddie's called to see if he could get a ride. He is a former exchange student from Portugal who is visiting his host family for the month. I was a little worried that he would not be able to get a ticket, but we found directions to his house and picked him up. We got to the theater about 45 minutes early so he had no problem getting his ticket.
Maddie's boyfriend was in the lobby waiting for her and Jean had already been in and saved us seats. I really enjoyed the movie and so did Puck and Maddie. Andre was a little dissapointed in the things that were left out. Jean had just re-read the book so much was fresh in her mind and I think she too was dissapointed in the large parts that were cut from the story. I didn't really see any disasterous cuts although they never spent much time at the Black house and I think that will make the next film more difficult to understand. I would have liked to see more of Tunks as well. she was cute. I loved the way Luna was portrayed. It was a different characterization than I had imagined when reading the story originally, but I really liked the little actress that played her and she came off more quietly wise than dotty. And I would kill for those radish earrings.
The Thestrals were cool, especially the little meat eating foal.
We had planned on running a few errands after the movie, but Andre had no means of getting home so we brought him home and set to errands. Puck rushing a chair, Maddie beading a bear for her tipi and me winding wool balls.
Last rendezvous 12 miniature tipis were given to select people to decorate over the year. I think Andy (The guy who runs the rendezvous) got them at the American Girl sale. He proposed a decorating contest and those that wanted to enter put their names in a hat. Maddie was one of the winners.
As I was cleaning for the graduation party a month ago I found a bag next to the china cupboard, pulled it out and said "Oh Shit" We had forgotten all about it. She got a postcard from Andy reminding her when they were due and so is now working rather feverishily to complete it.
It looks like a beautiful morning so I think I will have a cup of coffee on the porch swing


6 Comments:
At 5:22 AM,
Anonymous said…
a cup of coffee on the porch swing sounds wonderful.
At 8:11 AM,
Anonymous said…
Lori,
I went to an art fair this weekend. The rugmaker had also woven some purses and was selling them for $45 dollars each (medium size, smaller and larger sizes priced differently). I took a pic and can send it to you if you want to see it. They were really cool.
-Tracee
At 8:30 AM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
Tracee I would love to see them. It is always fun to see other people's work and of course we glean ideas for our own work from many many sources
At 8:34 AM,
Anonymous said…
i'm too uncomfortable to go to the fair this year, i think. unless i get my sister's kids for another visit. i do go to the fall and winter craft shows around here, and i know i'll be able to get around better then. a few years ago i got the best bowls for $5 each. they look like short fat mugs but are larger and have the prettiest glaze on them. i also stock up on stationary and post cards. And as always, your wooly balls sit in a prominent location in my livingroom. my sister's kids love them.
jilly
At 8:06 AM,
UrbanStarGazer said…
I want a porch swing. Post pics of Maddie's tipi when done!
At 8:06 AM,
UrbanStarGazer said…
p.s. my pleasure :)
Post a Comment
<< Home