Sick
I have been sick for over two weeks with a cold that seems to have turned into Bronchitis. Just not feeling well at all and now am down to blowing my nose and coughing.
Let's see... what has been going on since I last blogged. Wow a lot actually.
The week after I last blogged we went up to River Falls to see Maddie in her play. They did Look Back in Anger and it was a wonderful production. Everyone was good and much of my family and many of our friends came to see the show so we had a good house too. We ended up driving Maddie's fella up too which I was a little apprehensive about, but he ended up listening to tunes while we listened to a book on tape so the five hours in the car were not too taxing one either of us.
Two weekends later Maddie came home from school or rather we went back up and crammed all that crap back into the van again and brought her home. In that short space of time she had been inducted into the Honorary Theater Fraternity "Alpha Psi Omega" only two freshmen were invited to join. She ended up winning best supporting actress and outstanding technician too and was nominated to design one of next years sets. She had a great first year and has made some very good friends
She managed to get many of her strong male friends to help her haul things down the three flights of stairs while I stood watch at the bottom and waited for a spot to open up in the parking area. I finally claimed one and when Puck brought a load down I sent him to grab the van and guarded my spot and the mounting pile of stuff. Each time they brought down a load I asked if that was the last and they just rolled their eyes and laughed. Even other people began to ask how we were going to get all that stuff into our van. I assured them that it had all come up in the van, but I was lying. There was more!
Puck should be a master at Tetras. He is able to visualize the space while looking at the pile. I think that is what makes him a good designer. He shoved and squeezed and maneuvered until it all was in and there was even a tiny spot for Maddie crawl into. We did have to tie the papasan chair to the top of the van along with the bike, but I knew that would happen.
Maddie crawled into her nest, buckled in and we were off. A few days earlier her boyfriend had requested to fill her room with 99 red balloons as a birthday surprise. It is sort of their song. What a sweet boy. We gave him a key, left him the bicycle pump and hoped for the best.
We got home late because we had to stop the van every hour to fill up the radiator. It is a challenge, but we cannot afford a new van and otherwise it works fine. It sort of feels like limping home but we made it. Maddie went upstairs to her room and I expected squeals or something. Finally I went up and she was just grinning and trying to get the cd he had made for her to play LOL
She carefully moved them all up to the top bunk where they still sit and will until they finally wilt. :)
the next few days we unpacked and the dining room still has junk in it. I sort of gave her an ultimatum about clearing things away although I am guilty of just about as much crap.
The next day was prom... yup prom all over again. Michael's first, Maddie's second. She had a beautiful dress that she got at the local outreach resale place for about 5 bucks a few years ago. She made a necklace from some beads to match. She designed a hairdo around a shell hair clip he had given her as a present and we spent about an hour going through her jewelry to find matching earrings and a bracelet.


Puck had picked out a boutonnière for Michael and Maddie picked it up early on Saturday. I got her hair curled and she was ready to go quite a bit early. Michael was late (a fairly common trait)and she got a little antsy... he got there, they pinned each other and then off to the park for pictures. Parents everywhere... flash flash flash... off the to school to meet the limo. They had a group of 8 couples who went out to dinner then on to the dance. I did not go up and take pics of the grand march but hope to get some from Michael's mother. After the prom they all went to one of the kids houses to watch Rocky Horror LOL The other mothers were a little scandalized and asking each other if they had heard of it. Well I piped in about how much fun it is and how we used to go to the shows up in the cities and started singing a little bit of the Time Warp (weirdo that I am) Sometimes I don't think there is a place on this planet where I really fit in.
I know my daughter is pretty much responsible for bringing RH to those kids and I would love to be there when they finally get to a real showing of it. Damn it Janet!
Maddie got her job back at the Pig so she is a deli girl for the summer and working hard on an odd project her friends and she decided would be cool to do. They are having a sort of camp out under a tent made of pants and are calling it Pantstock.
They have been ripping up bluejeans and other pants and Maddie is going to sew them into a big tarp. It is an ambitious undertaking and will be very interesting to see. Some of her friends from college are coming down to participate (the Minnesota faction) and in total they expect about 20 kids I am not sure what they are going to do, but it sounds interesting.
Over Memorial weekend I wove 16 purple rugs and listened to Wicked... Now I have yellow on the loom and as soon as I find my cds of Son of Witch I will weave some yellow rugs... I really don't care much for yellow so it is not so much fun. My first show is at the end of the month though and I need to get some product done
We only have four days left of school and I can hardly wait!
I will try to be better at blogging
Let's see... what has been going on since I last blogged. Wow a lot actually.
The week after I last blogged we went up to River Falls to see Maddie in her play. They did Look Back in Anger and it was a wonderful production. Everyone was good and much of my family and many of our friends came to see the show so we had a good house too. We ended up driving Maddie's fella up too which I was a little apprehensive about, but he ended up listening to tunes while we listened to a book on tape so the five hours in the car were not too taxing one either of us.
Two weekends later Maddie came home from school or rather we went back up and crammed all that crap back into the van again and brought her home. In that short space of time she had been inducted into the Honorary Theater Fraternity "Alpha Psi Omega" only two freshmen were invited to join. She ended up winning best supporting actress and outstanding technician too and was nominated to design one of next years sets. She had a great first year and has made some very good friends
She managed to get many of her strong male friends to help her haul things down the three flights of stairs while I stood watch at the bottom and waited for a spot to open up in the parking area. I finally claimed one and when Puck brought a load down I sent him to grab the van and guarded my spot and the mounting pile of stuff. Each time they brought down a load I asked if that was the last and they just rolled their eyes and laughed. Even other people began to ask how we were going to get all that stuff into our van. I assured them that it had all come up in the van, but I was lying. There was more!
Puck should be a master at Tetras. He is able to visualize the space while looking at the pile. I think that is what makes him a good designer. He shoved and squeezed and maneuvered until it all was in and there was even a tiny spot for Maddie crawl into. We did have to tie the papasan chair to the top of the van along with the bike, but I knew that would happen.
Maddie crawled into her nest, buckled in and we were off. A few days earlier her boyfriend had requested to fill her room with 99 red balloons as a birthday surprise. It is sort of their song. What a sweet boy. We gave him a key, left him the bicycle pump and hoped for the best.
We got home late because we had to stop the van every hour to fill up the radiator. It is a challenge, but we cannot afford a new van and otherwise it works fine. It sort of feels like limping home but we made it. Maddie went upstairs to her room and I expected squeals or something. Finally I went up and she was just grinning and trying to get the cd he had made for her to play LOL
She carefully moved them all up to the top bunk where they still sit and will until they finally wilt. :)
the next few days we unpacked and the dining room still has junk in it. I sort of gave her an ultimatum about clearing things away although I am guilty of just about as much crap.
The next day was prom... yup prom all over again. Michael's first, Maddie's second. She had a beautiful dress that she got at the local outreach resale place for about 5 bucks a few years ago. She made a necklace from some beads to match. She designed a hairdo around a shell hair clip he had given her as a present and we spent about an hour going through her jewelry to find matching earrings and a bracelet.



Puck had picked out a boutonnière for Michael and Maddie picked it up early on Saturday. I got her hair curled and she was ready to go quite a bit early. Michael was late (a fairly common trait)and she got a little antsy... he got there, they pinned each other and then off to the park for pictures. Parents everywhere... flash flash flash... off the to school to meet the limo. They had a group of 8 couples who went out to dinner then on to the dance. I did not go up and take pics of the grand march but hope to get some from Michael's mother. After the prom they all went to one of the kids houses to watch Rocky Horror LOL The other mothers were a little scandalized and asking each other if they had heard of it. Well I piped in about how much fun it is and how we used to go to the shows up in the cities and started singing a little bit of the Time Warp (weirdo that I am) Sometimes I don't think there is a place on this planet where I really fit in.
I know my daughter is pretty much responsible for bringing RH to those kids and I would love to be there when they finally get to a real showing of it. Damn it Janet!
Maddie got her job back at the Pig so she is a deli girl for the summer and working hard on an odd project her friends and she decided would be cool to do. They are having a sort of camp out under a tent made of pants and are calling it Pantstock.
They have been ripping up bluejeans and other pants and Maddie is going to sew them into a big tarp. It is an ambitious undertaking and will be very interesting to see. Some of her friends from college are coming down to participate (the Minnesota faction) and in total they expect about 20 kids I am not sure what they are going to do, but it sounds interesting.
Over Memorial weekend I wove 16 purple rugs and listened to Wicked... Now I have yellow on the loom and as soon as I find my cds of Son of Witch I will weave some yellow rugs... I really don't care much for yellow so it is not so much fun. My first show is at the end of the month though and I need to get some product done
We only have four days left of school and I can hardly wait!
I will try to be better at blogging


9 Comments:
At 4:27 AM,
Brenda said…
glad to see you!!!!
i love the color combination of their prom attire. they look adorable. she is lovely.
hope you are feeling better soon. please go to the dr. if you think you have bronchitis. i ended up needing more than antibiotics earlier this year after ignoring my cough.
At 10:54 PM,
Jenny Robin said…
She's alive!
I hope you feel better and better each day.
Wow, I cannot believe a year has past and now Maddie is a Sophomore!
Congrats to her on her awards and things.
At 6:11 AM,
schell said…
Sounds like a great first year of college....good for her (and you)
The prom pictures are beautiful too.
At 7:29 AM,
Madeline Lee said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
At 8:30 AM,
UrbanStarGazer said…
Man, time flies. I can't believe Maddie's home for the Summer. Congrats on a great first year.
They make a cute couple! But, those chilluns need some sun!
I've had a cough/cold thing for a couple of weeks as well. In addition to a cough, random fevers, etc., I haven't had much of a voice for two weeks either and when I do drag up some semblance of a voice, I sound like a 13 year old boy going through puberty.
At 10:22 AM,
Brenda said…
urbs. that is the typical color of most wisconsinites after a long winter. we look like precooked bratwurst.
At 1:51 PM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
Thanks for explaining our paleness Spidey... Oh and I put a link in to pictures of the play. The deleted comment was one I put in while logged into Maddie's g-mail... I am still getting used to her being home and changing my login :)
At 9:14 AM,
vq said…
I'm so glad you're back! Maddie is beautiful, as always.
At 8:32 AM,
Anonymous said…
i hope you get better and make a killing at the show. maybe now that maddie is home you'll blog more? i noticed that you blogged less while she was out.
jilly
Post a Comment
<< Home