Loom With A View

Thursday, April 26, 2007

My little nosegay of violets


I am pretty proud of how nice these turned out. the really sad thing is that I had all the materials lying about the house... I cut the little petals out of felt, I poked fine guage green wire through a small bead and then poked the two ends through the petals. I then wrapped 15 blossoms together along with some silk foliage I clipped from a bigger plant using florist's tape... this is the prettiest one, but they look very nice on stage :)

9 Comments:

  • At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    how pretty!

    it's great to have stuff on hand. i keep telling my guy i know what's in my craft mountain and if anything goes missing, he'll start to find his stuff gone at a much faster more expensive rate. I also had to explain to him at length why i can't use half the baby's room to store my craft stuff but if he likes, his four computers, video game stuff and DVD's can find a home there.

    jilly

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    Jilly... lol We kept Maddie in our library when she was a baby (after we moved the bassinet out of our room) That room was right off our bedroom and the only room that we could hear her in. It was colorful and had lots and lots of books along with a lot of other misc crap ... :)

     
  • At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    grrrr is there no end to your talents

     
  • At 4:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    very very pretty.

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    "grrrr is there no end to your talents"

    I am pretty terrible at doing hair :)

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well thank god for that or vidal sassoon would probably be running for the hills

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Roger said…

    Exceedingly pretty, Orbie!

    R

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger UrbanStarGazer said…

    Lovely!

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Waltzing Matilda said…

    They're lovely.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home