Loom With A View

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ok Now I am steamed!!!

Today I finally felt calm enough to write an e-mail to Paul requesting a meeting. This is something that our superintendant suggested. What follows are the series of e-mails.


>>> Lori 03/21/07 11:34AM >>>
Paul,

Puck and I and possibly Rob would like to meet with you to discuss your recent constrictions of Puck's access to certain portions of the Theater. We would like to do this sometime within the next two weeks since contracts are due to be signed soon.

please advise when this might be convenient. I would not be able to meet until after 3:15, but otherwise am pretty open

thank you
Lori

>>> Paul 03/21/07 12:18PM >>>
Lori, I would be happy to meet with you, Puck and Rob.

I would like to correct your e-mail as to the term you used, constrictions, but rather restrict his access. The definition of constrict is more of a tight hold upon something to constrict causing one to have difficulty breathing or functioning properly. Restrict is defined as to keep within limits, as of space or action. That action still allows flow of operation. The D1 key will still access all the areas necessary to conduct the work necessary to satisfy Puck's contract with the school district. He can request the additional keys, rigging, booth, catwalk, within the 1-2 weeks before the performances. This is usually the time he would be accessing those areas to begin working on lighting. At that time I will review the necessary technical requirements for other users and determine if and when that work can commence.

The elementary drama club has me in the booth from 3pm-5pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. The next available time I would have would be at 3:15pm Friday, March 30th.

Have a great day. Paul

>>>>>>>from Lori 3/21/07>>>>>>
Paul,

I carefully worded my request for a meeting using terms which reflect my feelings. You and I disagree.
The 30th is fine with me. I cannot speak for my team.

Lori

Believe me it took a long time to write just the little phrase above. I cannot believe he is such a jerk!

9 Comments:

  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Sonya said…

    Should we call him prickly or prickish? Honestly.

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger UrbanStarGazer said…

    Sounds emotionally disturbed.

     
  • At 6:21 AM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    Naw he is a short very rotund man who tunes pianos. How he got a job in adminitration I do not know although he is non confrontational and a stickler for the rules which fits in nicely with the prevailing attitude.
    His brother is in semi professional theater and a real dynamo... perhaps that connection was his ticket.

     
  • At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think ass fits him best.

    Oh and by the way, if you want the satisfaction--you used constrict correctly:
    1.to draw or press in; cause to contract or shrink; compress.


    3. To restrict the scope or freedom of; cramp: lives constricted by poverty.

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Remember what I said about being territorial... I suggest you go around the place sniffing legs of chairs and such,, when he asks what the HELL you are doing,, just say checking to see where he has marked. He obviously feels on top of the power heap to correct your word choice. Time to lay down a few scent marks yourself.. even if they are ones that say,, SEEYA.

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Roger said…

    Rather anal retentive, isn't he?

    When you talk to him, remember a fundamental rule of fairness: Avoid a battle of wits with an unarmed foe.

    R

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    so true Roger :) thanks for the smile

     
  • At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    But Roger, he thinks he is armed...

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger longhair75 said…

    What an asshat! I agree that it is amazing that a fool like this can get an administrative job with power to interfere with people's lives like this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home