Sorta Creepy Sorta Not
Last Friday after the show I went out with the director and assistant director for dinner. We had e-mailed back and forth and Puck was invited too, but had to bartend that night.
We went to a new little spot in town that is rather classy for as small a town as this is. I had my single tequila sunrise and I shared a couple appetizers with the stage crew assistant and her husband. The director ordered sauerbraten. She passed it around for us to taste and it was incredibly delicious. I will go back again. The chef even came to our table to ask how everything was. It was a very pleasant time.
We walked two doors down to the bar Puck was supposed be at and there was no sign of him. I puzzled over that, but was not too concerned. Sometimes he leaves early if things are quiet. I drove home and met Maddie at the door. She said …
"Dad fell, but I cleaned him up"
"What happened?"
"We didn't have keys to the house"
"So how did he fall?"
"He was holding the ladder and slipped in the snow there was blood everywhere, it was a good thing you weren't here mom"
I walked into the living room and there he was with a huge bandage on his nose. Here was the sequence of events. Puck had gone to work only to find that he was not on the schedule. Normally he is. He stayed and tended bar for a couple hours, but forgot that we were out so never came by. When he finally got home he found that he had not taken his keys with him. There also was no key in our secret hiding place. Maddie must have stolen that one and not put it back.
He tried to break in through the kitchen window, but that was stuck shut. I have crawled through that one before. By this time Maddie came home. She didn't have any keys either. She had thrown her backpack into my car and I had driven off with it. They decided to try her second story window which apparently opens with ease. They got the ladder out and while Puck was struggling to put it up he fell and his nose hit the steps and cut it open deeply. He started bleeding and the lady that brought Mad home grabbed some tissues. She also held the ladder while Maddie scrambled up on the porch roof and climbed through her bedroom window to come down and let Puck in.
She cleaned up the blood, put a butterfly bandage on his cut, and applied the Neosporin so that by the time I got home he looked rough but not so bad. The next day Puck found that his keys were actually lost. That added insult to injury. He must have dropped them in the snow somewhere. He spent Sat and Sunday retracing his steps and looking for them to no avail.
He went down to the police station, but they had stupid hours and closed at 3:00... he had extra keys made and was going to try and contact the police again later.
Yesterday I got a call here at school. It was the police asking for me or Steve (Puck's real name) They asked if we had lost a set of keys and I said yes. The officer said he would be at the middle school in 20 seconds and could deliver them. I ran (walked real fast) down to the entrance and there was the police car. He asked a couple questions and handed me the keys.
It was a little creepy that he knew where I worked and that we owned the keys since the only thing that could identify us was the Piggly Wiggly card with only a bar code on it. At least we got the keys back
We went to a new little spot in town that is rather classy for as small a town as this is. I had my single tequila sunrise and I shared a couple appetizers with the stage crew assistant and her husband. The director ordered sauerbraten. She passed it around for us to taste and it was incredibly delicious. I will go back again. The chef even came to our table to ask how everything was. It was a very pleasant time.
We walked two doors down to the bar Puck was supposed be at and there was no sign of him. I puzzled over that, but was not too concerned. Sometimes he leaves early if things are quiet. I drove home and met Maddie at the door. She said …
"Dad fell, but I cleaned him up"
"What happened?"
"We didn't have keys to the house"
"So how did he fall?"
"He was holding the ladder and slipped in the snow there was blood everywhere, it was a good thing you weren't here mom"
I walked into the living room and there he was with a huge bandage on his nose. Here was the sequence of events. Puck had gone to work only to find that he was not on the schedule. Normally he is. He stayed and tended bar for a couple hours, but forgot that we were out so never came by. When he finally got home he found that he had not taken his keys with him. There also was no key in our secret hiding place. Maddie must have stolen that one and not put it back.
He tried to break in through the kitchen window, but that was stuck shut. I have crawled through that one before. By this time Maddie came home. She didn't have any keys either. She had thrown her backpack into my car and I had driven off with it. They decided to try her second story window which apparently opens with ease. They got the ladder out and while Puck was struggling to put it up he fell and his nose hit the steps and cut it open deeply. He started bleeding and the lady that brought Mad home grabbed some tissues. She also held the ladder while Maddie scrambled up on the porch roof and climbed through her bedroom window to come down and let Puck in.
She cleaned up the blood, put a butterfly bandage on his cut, and applied the Neosporin so that by the time I got home he looked rough but not so bad. The next day Puck found that his keys were actually lost. That added insult to injury. He must have dropped them in the snow somewhere. He spent Sat and Sunday retracing his steps and looking for them to no avail.
He went down to the police station, but they had stupid hours and closed at 3:00... he had extra keys made and was going to try and contact the police again later.
Yesterday I got a call here at school. It was the police asking for me or Steve (Puck's real name) They asked if we had lost a set of keys and I said yes. The officer said he would be at the middle school in 20 seconds and could deliver them. I ran (walked real fast) down to the entrance and there was the police car. He asked a couple questions and handed me the keys.
It was a little creepy that he knew where I worked and that we owned the keys since the only thing that could identify us was the Piggly Wiggly card with only a bar code on it. At least we got the keys back


7 Comments:
At 9:38 AM,
Anonymous said…
that piggly wiggly card probably tracked you down...
At 10:01 AM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
I know, it was very nice of him to drive it up to the school and deliver it...
At 5:56 PM,
Brenda said…
piggly wiggly knows everthing.
At 10:09 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hope Puck heals up quickly and with not too much pain.
At 6:40 AM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
he is doing fine... only one band-aid
At 6:51 AM,
Anonymous said…
Sounds like you need some more key-hiding places!
At 10:53 PM,
UrbanStarGazer said…
You have snow already??
Sorry to hear about Puck's nose.
Think that's the first time Maddie has snuck into the house that way? ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home