Cleaning Cleaning Cleaning
Had a good trip up to my sisters despite spending 10 hours in the car. My second sister would not let me drive. I did not press the issue. Her boys are older now so we did not have to censor our language, which was rather liberating. The older boy is quite witty and will do well in life. He wants to go into biochemistry, but I think public relations would be more his speed.
It rained for the party and my third sister Kris was a little frazzled. Her daughter was the graduate and she has been rather a trial for her parents. I think it bugs her a little that I have had such an easy time. I know it would bug the hell out of me. Katie is my God-daughter and actually is quite a bit like me. She is a lot more rebellious, but she is artzy (quite talented) and a very good sewer. She has been making alterations for all her friends and I told her she should start charging them soon.
She also loves Goodwill and Savers (how could I not love her) She is going into photography and art. She designed her graduation card and it is quite professional looking. She showed me some of her work and I think she definately has potential. My sister Kris is very scientific and straightforward and I think she just never really understood the angst her daughter has.
Kris never went through that whole "the world is horrible and I am so depressed and everyone else is wonderful blah blah blah" thing. Her husband confided that he felt life would be much smoother with Katie living away from home. I am certain they will get close again soon with distance.
Stayed one more night with Ellyn and drove home one Sunday
I bought an all in one scanner, printer, photo copier at Office Max. They were sold out so I had it delivered. I had specifically asked the sales associate how it would attach to the computer and he told me via the usb port. So they ship me the thing and it arrives pretty quick. No USB cable is included with the scanner. I call Office Max and the slick talking salesman (Not the guy I talked to) tells me that normally they are not included. I said "fine, but couldn't someone have told me so that I would not have to make a special trip back " He said yes and I grumbled a little more.
I wish people would make life a little easier. Do they think we have cables lying all over the house? I don't buy these things every day. grrrrr
The rest of the week has been spent cleaning. Our friend Jodi who we have not seen in at least 10 years is supposed to be visiting this week. She called a couple months ago to find out if we were going to be home and was going to email or call about specifics. We have not heard from her since, but are still assuming. Pucks dad and sister are coming to stay June 31 too so we have been doing some deep cleaning. We have not seen his sister in almost the same amount of time. Interesting they both live in Washington State. One in Tacoma and the other in Renton... only a few miles from each other.
I hate deep cleaning because you work and work and it takes so long to make any visible progress. Maddie and I got pictures put in albums, I sorted through years worth of papers. We cleaned off bookshelves. Washed curtains. I got Maddie to clean her room well enough for company to sleep there. That was no small task
Amidst all this I ordered warp, which came and needed to be put away. I also worked on wooly balls since I have a show on the 24th. I went up to weave off the remainder of the warp that is on the loom and found a problem which I had conveniently forgotten about. I had to unwind and rewind the warp twice to fix the dang thing, but it is ready to weave again. I need to get busy on that too. I am feaking out a little.
We hauled a whole mess of crap up into the attic. That needs a great deal of attention. There is just so much stuff to get done. I figure since Jodi lived with us for a couple years she can handle a little mess and we can do the real intense cleaning before Puck's family comes. They are pickier anyhow LOL
So that is what I have been up to and why I have not been blogging
It rained for the party and my third sister Kris was a little frazzled. Her daughter was the graduate and she has been rather a trial for her parents. I think it bugs her a little that I have had such an easy time. I know it would bug the hell out of me. Katie is my God-daughter and actually is quite a bit like me. She is a lot more rebellious, but she is artzy (quite talented) and a very good sewer. She has been making alterations for all her friends and I told her she should start charging them soon.
She also loves Goodwill and Savers (how could I not love her) She is going into photography and art. She designed her graduation card and it is quite professional looking. She showed me some of her work and I think she definately has potential. My sister Kris is very scientific and straightforward and I think she just never really understood the angst her daughter has.
Kris never went through that whole "the world is horrible and I am so depressed and everyone else is wonderful blah blah blah" thing. Her husband confided that he felt life would be much smoother with Katie living away from home. I am certain they will get close again soon with distance.
Stayed one more night with Ellyn and drove home one Sunday
I bought an all in one scanner, printer, photo copier at Office Max. They were sold out so I had it delivered. I had specifically asked the sales associate how it would attach to the computer and he told me via the usb port. So they ship me the thing and it arrives pretty quick. No USB cable is included with the scanner. I call Office Max and the slick talking salesman (Not the guy I talked to) tells me that normally they are not included. I said "fine, but couldn't someone have told me so that I would not have to make a special trip back " He said yes and I grumbled a little more.
I wish people would make life a little easier. Do they think we have cables lying all over the house? I don't buy these things every day. grrrrr
The rest of the week has been spent cleaning. Our friend Jodi who we have not seen in at least 10 years is supposed to be visiting this week. She called a couple months ago to find out if we were going to be home and was going to email or call about specifics. We have not heard from her since, but are still assuming. Pucks dad and sister are coming to stay June 31 too so we have been doing some deep cleaning. We have not seen his sister in almost the same amount of time. Interesting they both live in Washington State. One in Tacoma and the other in Renton... only a few miles from each other.
I hate deep cleaning because you work and work and it takes so long to make any visible progress. Maddie and I got pictures put in albums, I sorted through years worth of papers. We cleaned off bookshelves. Washed curtains. I got Maddie to clean her room well enough for company to sleep there. That was no small task
Amidst all this I ordered warp, which came and needed to be put away. I also worked on wooly balls since I have a show on the 24th. I went up to weave off the remainder of the warp that is on the loom and found a problem which I had conveniently forgotten about. I had to unwind and rewind the warp twice to fix the dang thing, but it is ready to weave again. I need to get busy on that too. I am feaking out a little.
We hauled a whole mess of crap up into the attic. That needs a great deal of attention. There is just so much stuff to get done. I figure since Jodi lived with us for a couple years she can handle a little mess and we can do the real intense cleaning before Puck's family comes. They are pickier anyhow LOL
So that is what I have been up to and why I have not been blogging


4 Comments:
At 10:36 AM,
sparky said…
Here's an odd question Orb . You used the word " sewer" as meaning a person who sews well . Isn't sewer also the pipes the remove human waste from an abode or is that spelled differently ? allan
At 6:59 PM,
Anonymous said…
Thought of you on Wednesday, Orbie...we were in New Orleans, in the French Quarter, and passed a weaving/loomery shop, with one of those huge looms inside. So your craft has gotten down here, apparently. (Let me know if you want me to find out what the name of this place is.)
And, Allan, they are not only spelled the same, but there is yet another meaning to "sewer": a medieval household officer often of high rank in charge of serving the dishes at table and sometimes of seating and tasting (according to the AOL Dictionary).
At 7:13 AM,
sparky said…
thanks kath , i would of looked it up but what fun is that ? allan
At 3:29 AM,
UrbanStarGazer said…
I have to admit I laughed out loud when I read "and a very good sewer" because my mind read it as sewer, not sew-er. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home