Loom With A View

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Wrapping up school

Tomorrow is the last day of school. It has been rather quiet in here, but kids with not much else to do are trickling in. The library has been junking a lot of things so I have been collecting props. A very old and large camera that could pass for a newsmans on stage. A filmstrip projector with a group of strips about Egypt. One of those library rolling step stools to give to the theater.... very useful for scooting around and using to paint and such. I need to re-glue the skid to the top, but otherwise it is very nice. Oh and the little green typing table that my friend Jean worked so many years with. They dumped the selectric typewriter so didn't need the stand.

Been busy trying to get Maddie a job... She put in applications at several places in town here, but got handed a job on a silver platter. She was asked to choreograph for a theater workshop in Janesville. They are using Schoolhouse Rock and Maddie needs to make up some dances and teach the moves to the kids. I hope she is up to the task, but it is quite a feather in her cap to have become a "professional" already. They also asked her to do the same for a girl school group later in the summer. If she doesn't hear back from the applications she will take on that job too. Although it will not mean quite as much money I think in the long run it will help her perhaps in getting scholarships. At any rate it is great for the ego

I am feeling worn out and ready for the year to end. Need to practice our blues song after school today. Hope it goes well.

that is about it ... I need to get into weaving mode pretty dang quick. I have a show at the end of the month and it is fast approaching

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home