Loom With A View

Sunday, June 25, 2006

29 years????? how can that be????

Puck and I celebrate our 29th today as we have for almost 12 years... Tearing down or setting up a rugs at the art fair in Spring Green WI.

Had a reasonably good show. Still need to tally up todays receipts, but sold a few rugs and wool balls today. Sold a ton of balls yesterday so will need to be felting a lot for the rest of the summer. Maddie even sold some of the balls she designed so made a little money too.

It was a little drizzly yesterday and I only had four hours sleep so was a little punchy on the way home. Spring green is an hour and a half from home and the drive is a little winding.

Puck and Maddie always shop for my birthday at the show. I don't know what Puck got me, but Maddie bought me the most beautiful piece of pottery. It is celedon green with white magnolia blossoms. Small and highly decorative. Very pretty

Had a good visit with friend Michael who got way too drunk on Bloody Mary's on Saturday and had to go back home to bed... poor boy :(

Today it started to cloud over about a half hour before the show was supposed to close and we all started to get a little antsy. Puck grabbed the bags for the rugs... I was not looking forward to packing up a wet inventory of 200 soggy rugs and tags. Got the rugs in bags and on the way to the van just as the rain really started to come down. By the time we got everything else out and tent closed up it was pouring like crazy.... Puck loaded the sopping tent into the van and the rain stopped....typical... we all were wet... Thank goodnes for Maddie and Michael helping to get everything loaded up quickly and without complaint.

It is good to be home. Puck has to bartend tonight and Maddie has to dance in the morning.. I am sooooooo sleeping in for my birthday... That would be 52 this year. Michael turned 52 a couple weeks ago so I always rub it in how much older he is than me Hee hee

Thank you Spidey for always remembering my birthday!!!

10 Comments:

  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger UrbanStarGazer said…

    Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!

    Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

    Congrats on the show!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger vq said…

    Happy, happy birthday to you, you fabulous dame! Do something nice for Lori, ok?

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger The Broards said…

    Happy Anniversay.
    Happy Birthday.

    What is a wool ball?

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    Wool Balls or "Wooley Balls" are felted wool balls that I make. My little sign says.
    "Wooley Balls"
    the Natural "Nerf"
    Durable and Fun for Dogs, cats and kids of all ages....
    pretty just sitting in a bowl.

    hand formed felted wool balls
    Machine washable

    I needed to cram all that in so people would quit asking what the heck they were? LOL when people do ask what they are I just answer "They are balls" far be it for me to determine what people do with a ball. I have sold them as stress balls, pet balls, excercize balls, toys, and have one customer who has been buying them for 5 years to fill a glass bowl. Some have a little bell in them and they jingle. They are a little more durable than a tennis ball. Many people assume that because they are wool that they are fragile, which is not true.

    On some of the fancy ones I needle in designs like snakes and animals using bits of colored wool. Maddie did a whole galaxy, which sold this year and her skull and cross bones sold too. I keep telling her to make more. I think after finally selling some she will be more interested.

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A) I am tempted to send your name in to HGTV's show "That's Clever"--it's about talented crafters/artists--you'd certainly fit in many ways.

    B) Hmmm, wooly balls for cats??? Could one put ears and a tail on them?

    C) Speaking of cats how are Yami and (crap I forgot the black one's name)?

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger Sonya said…

    I tell you, Christmas themed ones will sell. You just have to build up an inventory.

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would suggest you make wooly balls for sheep, but I think they already have them...

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    how about an update?
    spidey (can't remember my password)

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said…

    The cats are good, but they were a little too happy to see us when we got home. They have been chasing each other all day

     

Post a Comment

<< Home