Vegging sort of
Both Puck and I are exhausted this week. We have been very slowly chipping away at the crap we brought back from the play, but there is a whole van load still to unpack.
I need to organize all our props and label the boxes. It is getting harder and harder to locate things that I know we have. I sorted through the makeup kits and re-washed the 30 brushes. I will have to do a better job of explaining that part of strike next year or at least a better job of supervising it.
I have taken on an outside job for an ex-teacher friend. She is working for a woman who gives instruction to corporations on better language arts skills, grammmer, emailing, letters, reports and such. She has always used overheads to illustrate her presentations. Someone suggested that she start using power points. I am fairly well known for my power point skill LOL.... The one thing I know that very few people seem to realize is that you should never overload a slide!. They are billboards and brief illustrations of your presentation. I got hired to do the job.
This means scanning all the overheads and creating slides out of them. It would seem a fairly straightforward job, but on many of the overheads she wants some word changed on a picture or the text on a cartoon made clearer .... I thought it was just going to be one presentation and now it has turned into 5. I have completed three, but the owner of the company is very picky and has wanted adjustments.
My friend is doing the running back and forth from Madison with all the documents and stuff. I need to work after school so as not to be double dipping, but the computer and photoshop is much quicker on the school computers so I have been working after hours there.
I got quite a bit done on Friday and plan to stay today as well and get a big chunk done before the revisions on the last one come back.
I also very foolishly volunteered to make some Medieval hats for the play. Actually I sort of like doing that, but I needed to find material since I want to be able to keep them in my own personal stock and not donate them to the theater.
Maddie and I have been practicing for a talent show at church. It was Sunday and a benifit for our mission group of kids who are going down South to work on buildings. I imagine their youth groups will come up here to work on our dilapidated buildings. Maddie and I did a medley of Irish tunes. Toora Loora Loora, When Irish Eyes are Smiling and Peggy O'Neil The three songs fit nicely together and Peggy O"Neil has a lovely little double time lyric at the end. Maddie had rehearsal from 1:00 to 5:00 and was freaking a little about missing part of it since the show was at 2:00
I told her to mellow out and that we would see if they could put us on early so she could attend the last half of rehearsal. She calmed down a little. Heck she is always so prompt and never misses anything. I hardly think being a little late because of a church function is a crime.
We got on second and did our little bit. I even curled my hair (I looked like a dang poodle) Maddie cutsied up the songs with little gestures and we were well recieved. It is so fun to be able to sing with her. Puck said we were the best, but he is predjudiced. After each act a couple kids walked the aisles of the church with blankets to toss change into. It was lots of fun and I hope they made some money.
After we finished she took off for practice. Puck and I stayed through the whole thing. Some good, some horrible, but for the most part quite entertaining. I went shopping for fabric afterwards and found several shirts and dresses that should make over just fine. I need to find some veiling, but that should be fairly easy.
It is definately Monday around here..
I need to organize all our props and label the boxes. It is getting harder and harder to locate things that I know we have. I sorted through the makeup kits and re-washed the 30 brushes. I will have to do a better job of explaining that part of strike next year or at least a better job of supervising it.
I have taken on an outside job for an ex-teacher friend. She is working for a woman who gives instruction to corporations on better language arts skills, grammmer, emailing, letters, reports and such. She has always used overheads to illustrate her presentations. Someone suggested that she start using power points. I am fairly well known for my power point skill LOL.... The one thing I know that very few people seem to realize is that you should never overload a slide!. They are billboards and brief illustrations of your presentation. I got hired to do the job.
This means scanning all the overheads and creating slides out of them. It would seem a fairly straightforward job, but on many of the overheads she wants some word changed on a picture or the text on a cartoon made clearer .... I thought it was just going to be one presentation and now it has turned into 5. I have completed three, but the owner of the company is very picky and has wanted adjustments.
My friend is doing the running back and forth from Madison with all the documents and stuff. I need to work after school so as not to be double dipping, but the computer and photoshop is much quicker on the school computers so I have been working after hours there.
I got quite a bit done on Friday and plan to stay today as well and get a big chunk done before the revisions on the last one come back.
I also very foolishly volunteered to make some Medieval hats for the play. Actually I sort of like doing that, but I needed to find material since I want to be able to keep them in my own personal stock and not donate them to the theater.
Maddie and I have been practicing for a talent show at church. It was Sunday and a benifit for our mission group of kids who are going down South to work on buildings. I imagine their youth groups will come up here to work on our dilapidated buildings. Maddie and I did a medley of Irish tunes. Toora Loora Loora, When Irish Eyes are Smiling and Peggy O'Neil The three songs fit nicely together and Peggy O"Neil has a lovely little double time lyric at the end. Maddie had rehearsal from 1:00 to 5:00 and was freaking a little about missing part of it since the show was at 2:00
I told her to mellow out and that we would see if they could put us on early so she could attend the last half of rehearsal. She calmed down a little. Heck she is always so prompt and never misses anything. I hardly think being a little late because of a church function is a crime.
We got on second and did our little bit. I even curled my hair (I looked like a dang poodle) Maddie cutsied up the songs with little gestures and we were well recieved. It is so fun to be able to sing with her. Puck said we were the best, but he is predjudiced. After each act a couple kids walked the aisles of the church with blankets to toss change into. It was lots of fun and I hope they made some money.
After we finished she took off for practice. Puck and I stayed through the whole thing. Some good, some horrible, but for the most part quite entertaining. I went shopping for fabric afterwards and found several shirts and dresses that should make over just fine. I need to find some veiling, but that should be fairly easy.
It is definately Monday around here..


6 Comments:
At 8:15 AM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
Yes Spidey I would like to have it
thanks
At 3:51 AM,
Meme said…
when you veg out you still get 5 times more done than I get done working full p[elt
At 8:53 AM,
Orbie/\;;/\ said…
It was just a talent show not a contest. Puck said we were the best, but he is predjudiced LOL.. Thanks Spidey I am looking forward to reading it. And MUM I often wish my home was scrubbed and vaccumed and dusted and tidied, but instead I do all that other crap while watching tv when I can :)
At 3:00 AM,
schell said…
Just reading your blog, I feel like I need a nap!
At 10:13 AM,
vq said…
Lori, you are amazing--a bundle of creativity.
At 1:30 PM,
UrbanStarGazer said…
You never cease to amaze me. Seriously!!
Post a Comment
<< Home